Chapter 30 - Rivers Of Blood, Cries Of Pain

Note: this chapter contains scenes filled with blood, gore and... Well... Blood and gore. And chopped stuff. Lots of them. Please read with caution or just skip the chapter if you are not good with this stuff ;)

It's not too important... Just a random author venting his feelings, nothing to see here...

###

"Don't you dare ignore me! Who are you!" Fan Zu's face grew red as he felt he lost face to this child that, judging by his age, could be his grandson "If you don't answer now I will eradicate nine generations of your family!"

Cheng Hao's back trembled as the room suddenly grew a lot colder.

Cheng Hao lifted his head and his two cold eyes finally focused on the old man's face "What... Did you just say?" He blinked once and looked at the man in his eyes. Suddenly, the space surrounding him seemed to distort and his body disappeared together with the figures of everyone surrounding him.

Fan Zu was the only one left in the room. Just that the room wasn't a room anymore. In front of him there was nothing, everything was black. There was nothing, except for the Black Shadow, its sharp fangs opened and closed as if they wanted to taste his flesh, its body was so black that it looked like it was bright compared to its surrounding.

The shadow got closer and a large mouth filled with sharp fangs opened as the thing approached... "N-no... I didn't... I am sorry!!!" Fan Zu wanted to run but was tied in place.

When it bit down, the man screamed in pain as it was so painful, like a million needles being inserted and removed in his whole body repeatedly, that he started crying tears of blood. This went on for hours repeatedly and supposedly one would start to either grow accustomed or grow numb to the incredible pain, yet he didn't, as if there was some curse that didn't let him.

The only thing that grew was the pain he felt with each bite.

The world twisted and the black shadow disappeared. He was now lying in an ocean of purple blood, surrounded by never ending mountains of corpses.

The ocean was only half a foot deep but it seemed like it would never end as it stretched over the horizon and beyond. Fan Zu still felt pain but sighed in relief as he saw the monster was no longer there. It was still night but there were no stars up above.

Suddenly, a golden sun rose into the sky. It shone down on the purple ocean and the old man couldn't help but cry tears of joy when he saw the sun, as he finally saw something that he looked like it would be safe. He bathed in the golden light and wished to remain like that forever, safe from all harm.

Unfortunately, Life wouldn't be so easy on him. Fan Zu suddenly felt his limbs growing cold, he frowned but decided to ignore it. At one point, the chilliness was so unbearable that he sat up to examine his body. When he looked down, he saw that he was slowly disappearing.

His very essence was being devoured by the golden sun's light: he was fading from existence!

Tears fell down once again as the pain surged and he felt abandoned, by the world, by the heavens!

He yelled until his lungs burned and the vocal cords seemed to jump out but nobody was there to hear him. He was alone with the pain of not being!

When he was about to fade completely, everything twisted once again, the purple blood, mountains of corpses and the golden sun disappeared and turned into two eyes... Cheng Hao closed his eyelids and when he opened them again, the scenes of the black beast and the golden sun appeared once again in his pupils.