Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Everyone stood there, absorbing our faces with shock written on each and every face. Finally, Athena spoke.

“My daughter. You’ve come back.” She ran forward and embraced her.

Poseidon was next, coming over and enveloping me in a hug that smelled of the ocean. “My son.” He whispered in my ear. “I thought you dead.” He pulled away and looked at me, trying to act stern. “I would’ve expected a letter from you.”

“Sorry dad. Chaos said no contact with you guys.”

While Annabeth and I were catching up with our parents, Circe tried to slip out of the arena unnoticed. Zeus caught her and thundered, “Circe! Halt!” He snapped his fingers and a length of rope wove around her body and tied itself tight. The rope then started to glow with power, securing her so she couldn’t escape. “I say we take this to Olympus.” He said.

The other gods nodded in agreement and ushered the campers into a tight circle. Together, they simultaneously snapped their fingers, teleporting us all into the Throne Room.

The major gods sat in their thrones and began their meeting.

Zeus started. “Circe, what have you to say for yourself?”

Circe stared petulantly up at Zeus from her place at the bottom of his throne.

Zeus continued, looking down at Circe. “If you won’t say anything, then I’ll have no choice to charge you with treason and condemn you to the Fields of Punishment.” He snapped his fingers and she disappeared in a flash of sparks. Zeus waved his hand and Drew appeared, bound, but not gagged. “You child. Have you anything to say?”

“I do.” She replied. “It was all Annabeth’s fault. She set me up. She’s the traitor. Not me or Mistress Circe. You should kill her and not me.” Drew smiled smugly as her words flowed over the gods and campers.

Zeus paused for a moment and scratched his beard. He looked thoughtful for a couple moments. Then he spoke. “I believe she’s right.” He looked dazed and confused as he said it. He took out his master bolt and aimed it in Annabeth’s direction.

Athena took action, sliding off her throne and standing in front of her daughter, shielding her from harm. “Father, think rationally. You’re being charm-spoken.”

“Stand aside Athena. And you’re being ridiculous. I’m the King of Gods! No one can charm- speak me.”

“Oh, Zeus. Put that blot down will you. And stop being so annoying. I can hear you all the way from space.”

Zeus lowered his bolt and crossed his arms. “I am not being annoying.”

“You are so. And for threating one of my soldiers, I’m stripping you of your title of King of Gods. He looked around and nodded. “Yes, Hades and Poseidon. You both will take over as co-rulers of Olympus.” He clapped his hands and a golden, wisp-like substance floated out of Zeus and into both dad and Hades. A throne for Hades appeared and then the thrones realigned so that both Hades and Poseidon now commanded the head of the council and Zeus’s throne was moved to Poseidon’s old spot. He wiped his hands together and continued. “And as further punishment, you will spend the next thousand years at Camp Half-Blood.” He nodded, clearly satisfied with himself. Rounding of the bound Drew, he snapped his fingers and a gag appeared in her mouth. “That’s so you can’t charm people. And now with your punishment. I feel like the Fields of Punishment will be sufficient.” He inclined his head to Hades. “Your prisoner Lord Hades.”