Chapter 8

Chapter 8

“Sir, sir we’ve arrived.” Adam said, shaking me awake.

I blinked the sleep out of my eyes and sat up groggily. “Urg, we are? Thanks.” I rubbed my eyes and stood, cracking my back.

I looked around and my eyes landed on the scientist. “Ah, Alex. I…”

My wrist watch beeped with a message from Chaos.

Percy, as I understand it from Adam, your mission was a success. Please bring Dr. Alexander to my office to talk. Thanks. :D

“Okay Doc. Chaos wants to see you personally. I’ll take you, let’s go.”

I grasped the man by the shoulder and we bot vanished in a flash of flames, appearing right in front of Chaos’ office doors. I pushed him gently towards the doors. “Go on, he won’t bite… hopefully.”

Dr. Alex pushed open the doors and closed them behind him. In a flash of gold light, Sam appeared and punched me in the shoulder.

“Punk! Why didn’t you take me on this mission!? I wanted to rough someone up.”

“This wasn’t that type of mission Sam. And I was literally informed ten minutes before I was shipped out.”

“Well that’s no excuse.” She huffed. “Anyways, glad you’re home. I’ve tried sparring with Zoe, but every time she uses her bow and snipes me from far away. It’s such an unfair advantage!”

“So what do you want me to do about it?”

“Uh, get her to stop cheating duh.” She looked at me like I was an idiot.

“Did you tell her she couldn’t use a bow?” I questioned.

“I didn’t think I’d have to. I thought it was a sparring rule that you play fair.”

“Well obviously.” I answered, rolling my eyes. “But Zoe is literal. Kind of goes back to the whole ‘born during the 5th century’ thing.”

A soft silver light illuminated the hallway followed by a column of flames.

“Percy there you are!” exclaimed Zoe. She rounded on Sam.

“And thou! How durst thou accuse me of cheating! I did naught wrong”

Sam placed her hands on her hips. “Excuse me huntress, but I don’t speak Old English and I never will!”

Zoe glared at me and said with her eyes ‘Explain to her.’