Chapter 21

Chapter 21

After 13 grueling hours on the ship, we finally were in range of Earth.

Annabeth was finishing up her novel about renaissance painters and sculptors, and I? I was dozing next to her with the briefing folder on my face. Out of thin air, a smoke screen appeared and Chaos' face popped into view.

"Hey guys!" he shouted, jolting me from my nap. The folder fell from my face and I jerked up, whacking my head against Annabeth’s hard cover book. “OW!” I yelled. I rubbed the spot on my head and glared at the screen. “Thanks a lot Chaos.”

"Oh you’re fine you big baby. I just wanted to let you know you're 3 hours away from Earth. I'll meet you right before you step onto Olympus. I hope you all read the briefing folder. See you soon! Don't forget to wear the ceremonial dress." He looked straight at me. "That includes you Percy." He ended the call.

With that, the smoke dissipated and we all looked at each other.

 I sat back and groaned. "Do I have to?"

"Yes Percy. Besides, you look terrific in that armor." Annabeth replied, setting aside her book.

"I do?" I asked, my happiness boosting.

"Yes." she replied, taking my hand. "Let's go get you changed."

Together we walked out of the living room with Sam shouting after us, "No funny business!", and Zoe yelled in agreement.

We walked to our rooms and I stopped in front of her room. I opened the door and Annabeth stepped inside. "Out." Annabeth commanded. "You can have time later to look at these. First go change." She kissed me and shut the door. I sighed and went across the hall to my room.

Things are only going to get rougher from here. I thought, while tugging on my stupid ceremonial chest-plate.

                                                                                ~~~~

We stood next behind a door that Chaos summoned. “Ready?” he asked.

We all nodded and Chaos knocked on our side of the door and sang, "Hello! May we come in?"

"Fine. Come in." Zeus grumbled from the other side of the door.

We pulled our hoods up and Chaos opened the door and stepped out; Chaos first followed by me, then Annabeth, Sam and Zoe.

"Hello. I am Chaos." Chaos stated. "I have with me my top four soldiers."

He pointed to Zoe. “My fourth in command, Venatrix.” He motioned and Zoe stepped forward. He pointed to Sam and she stepped forward too. “My third in command. This is Beta. You may not want to get on her bad side."  Sam summoned a ball of light to demonstrate Chaos' words. He turned to her and whispered something in her ear. She whispered back angrily. He cut her off and pulled Annabeth forward. “This is Delta." he said. She's my stagiest and one of my top fighters. And this," he said pointing to me, "Is my apprentice and number two, Zeta. He’s… special.” Chaos turned to the gods and placed his hands on his hips. "I am aware of your predicament. And I am here to offer you my help." he said, motioning to us.

Zeus, the dumb git that he is said, "And why. Pray tell, do you think we need help?"

"That unknown force is very powerful. I also know that your campers are seriously unprepared. By the way, the leaders you have at that camp stink to high heaven."

"And if I refuse?"

"Then we walk away and leave you helpless. We can even have movie night for once. I'm thinking The Avengers."

Athena piped up. "Father, I don't think it's wise to reject such help. We need all that we can get."

Chaos clapped. “And level heads prevail! I congratulate you Athena.” He inclined his head at her.

Zeus sighed. "Fine." he grumbled, obviously not pleased. "I accept your help."

"Excellent. These four will go down to your camp and settle in. Tomorrow, five more will join them." He waved and stepped through the door. "Have fun!" he shouted, and closed it.

"Well," I said. "See you." I linked arms with my friends flashed out to camp.