Chapter 25

Chapter 25

We arrived just in time to catch the ending of the song about the Minotaur's white underwear. Personally, that was a sight I never wanted to see again.        I've fought him three times and every time I fought him, he was always wearing his Fruit of the Loom underwear.

The campers were heading back to their cabins when Drew stopped in front of me. "You know," she said softly, "Don't tell Jerome, but I think you are H-O-T, hot."

I had no idea how to respond to that. "Uh, thanks?"

"Any time. How about you and I spend some time together tomorrow. Just you and me." She slowly crawled her fingers up my chest.

I backed up a few steps and rubbed the back of my neck nervously. "I'm not really here looking for dates. I'm supposed to be helping to train you guys." I looked over to where Annabeth was with Zoe and Sam. Jerome was talking to them and it seemed like he was trying to flirt with them. I also saw Sam and Zoe's hands itching towards their knives.

"Well hun. That's perfect. I totally need help with, uh, knifes. How about a one on one?" she blinked and her pink, glittery eye shadow caught the light and shimmered. Wow, that was distracting. I focused my thoughts on Annabeth and Drew completely left my mind.

"I think that training your entire cabin together would be most efficient. A one- on- one would be kind of impractical."

She crossed her arms and pouted. "Fine. We'll be in the training arena tomorrow."

"Actually, the rest of our troops are coming in tomorrow and we're having a day off. How about the next day?" I suggested.

She paused and considered this. "I suppose that would be acceptable. Just make sure it's you that's training us and not your friends." She wrinkled her nose at the word 'friends'.

I scratched the back of my neck. "Uh I guess we could do that. Though I think that you would be more comfortable with a woman instructor."

She shook her head from side to side so hard I thought her dangle earrings would come out. "Oh, no. We definitely want you to train us." She batter her eyes again.

"I suppose. We'll just have to see how things work out."

She smiled broadly. "Perfect!" she squealed and skipped away. How she did it in 5" heels amazed me. Why Chiron even allowed them at camp was beyond me as well.

I looked around for Annabeth, Zoe, and Sam. I spotted them and a very annoyed Jerome walking away from them. I walked over and asked, "What's got his underwear in a knot?"

"He was hitting on us big time." Sam replied. She slipped her knife back into her boot. "Hey next time, can I pound the guy? Or slice him to bits."

"I'm not stopping you." I said, raising my arms. "Go for it."

Sam grinned. "Excellent." Oh man. Every time she says that, she usually is coming up with an elaborate revenge scheme. What have I just started?

When all the campers had left, Chiron walked up. "Zeta, Delta, Venatrix Beta? What did you think of the campfire? Same as always?" I noticed he was careful to use our codenames.

"We missed the s'mores!" I whined.

Annabeth smacked me on the back of the head. "I thought it was still great. Don't mind Zeta over here. Always thinking about his stomach... as always."

"OW! Huh? Oh yeah, great. Wait... HEY!" I protested. My attitude changed to a hopeful one. "Please tell me you still have left over s'mores."

"Next campfire." Chiron promised. "I noticed Drew and Jerome speaking to you. What did they want?"

Sam balled her fists. "I can't speak for Punk, but that creep Jerome really needs to stop flirting with people. It's creepy and he's not good at it. Sleazy scumbag."

I nodded in agreement. "Drew tried to hit on me. It was really weird. I also kind of promised to coach the Aphrodite cabin the day after tomorrow." Annabeth tensed up as soon as I said those words. I hugged her and finished, "It didn't work. And don't worry, nothing will happen. I promise. "

She relaxed, though I could still feel some uneasiness coming off her. She turned to Chiron and asked, "Where are we staying?"

"Well, if this were normal circumstances, I would put you in the Hermes cabin, but-" He was cut off by a smoke screen appearing in front of us. Chaos's face appeared.

"Hello! Your place of residence should be arriving shortly. It's going to be right next to the Big House." He leaned off camera and gasped. "Nope! Right ON the Big House. Hold on!" There was some furious typing on his end and a few choice curse words. Finally he reappeared on the screen. "Okay. All straightened out. The rest of the team should be arriving tomorrow around breakfast. Do you know how long it took for them to work as a team? They still aren't! It's very frustrating. I mean..."

"Chaos!" I yelled. Not that thins isn't fascinating, but I'm beat and I'm guessing the rest of us are too." They nodded for added emphasis.

"Fine, sleep tight!" He yelled and the smoke dissipated.

"Well, I shall bid you good night." said Chiron. With a wave of his hand, he trotted away.

"Come on." Sam said, grabbing both Annabeth and I by our arms, Zoe trailing after us. "I need my 40 winks of sleep. I need to vent some of this rage. Please tell me this camp has a decent practice arena."

"It should." I said, grunting in pain as Sam tightened her grip.

"Oh, don't be such a baby punk." She dragged us all the way to the Big House, and there, standing beside it stood a modest little cabin. Its walls were swirling galaxies and the door was a pure black, as was the roof.

"Nice." Sam said and pushed open the door.

I gasped the inside was way bigger than the outside suggested. The cabin was furnished exactly the same as the ship; red sofas were in the living room with dark colored wood as the flooring. The kitchen was to the right of the door. In there was my heaven. A refilling fridge and cabinets, plus a really comfy sofa, most likely stain resistant, sat in the corner. Chaos knew me too well. Upstairs were five rooms. One for each Sam and Zoe. There was another, larger room for both Annabeth and I. The other two were for the people joining us tomorrow; a room for the boys and one for the girls. I peeked into my and Annabeth's room and saw a large king sized bed. Oh he knew me too well. There were large windows framed by black curtains on the walls. On the bedside table there was a note. I walked over to read it.

Percy. These windows are all one-way. You can see out, but no one can see in. It's completely fool and idiot proof. Have fun spying!

I chucked and set the note down. I took off my shoes and lay down on the bed, just now noticing how tired I was. Without climbing under the covers or removing any clothes. Annabeth laid down beside me and I wrapped my arms around her like I always do, and I immediately fell asleep.