Chapter 4

Sup. Haven't died or anything. Just never really got a hang of this site... Yeah... I don't own the main characters or anything either.

The next morning I awoke to find a scaly creature slumbering peacefully next to me. As soon as I made to leave the bed, it woke and stretched on the bed. It turned to me.

The animal was covered in hard, green scales and had razor sharp silver claws. When it yawned, its mouth contained rows and rows of sharp white teeth and a forked tounge. Its yellow snakelike eyes blinked curiously at me and it sneezed flames.

I tickled its belly and more smoke and steam came from its nostrils. I looked around and discovered a note neatly folded on my nightstand.

I unfolded it and read:

Percy-

This is a dragon. Name it whatever you want. I would tell you what he does, but where’s the fun in that? Have fun!

-Chaos

P.S. Remember, the dragon is a boy, so please choose a gender appropriate name.

P.P.S. Watch out for the fire!

I read the second postscript again. Watch out for the fire? What on Earth does that mean? I heard a hiccup and a ball of fire came out of the dragons’ mouth and lit the bed sheets on fire. I quickly summoned some water and doused the flames before they could become out of control. Yeah… fire, peachy.

I tickled the baby dragon behind the ear and it squealed in delight, taking flight and knocking everything to the ground, pictures, vases and curtain rods.

I panicked and shouted the only word I could come up with, “Xander!”

The dragon stopped mid- flap and landed with a noisy BOOM on the floor. He looked up at me and gave a tiny, dragon smile.

Hmm, so he like the name Xander. “Here Xander!” The dragon sprouted tiny green wings and flew into my arms, licking me with his forked tounge.

Laughing, I brought him out into the hallway and banged on Sam’s door with my foot. “SAM! Wake up!”

I thud came from the other side of the door followed by a string of curse words. Moments later, the door opened and an angered Sam stood sleepily in the doorway.

“What Punk?” she grumbled.

I held up Xander. “I wanted to show you my new pet. Isn’t he amazing?”

She yawned. “Sure, whatever. He’s not as great as Quartz though.”

As she said this, a medium sized cat appeared at Sam’s’ ankles and wound herself around them. Quartz, I later found out, was a Persian cat. She had piercing grey eyes that flashed intelligently when she looked at you, and for a moment, my throat closed as I remember feeling this every time I looked at Annabeth.