Chapter 14

Chapter 14

I woke the next day with the sun shining brightly on my face. I blinked and sat up, starting Xander who flew up and belched a small could of flames.

I rubbed my eyes and looked around. “Good morning Xander.”

He floated down and bumped his scaly green head against my side. He whimpered and his stomach grumbled. He flew over to his bowl and looked at it expectantly.

I laughed and slid off the bed and walked over to my dragon. I grabbed the food bowl and snapped my fingers. The bowl filled with chunks of raw meat and chicken.

He snorted in delight and wagged his tail. He padded over to the bowl, stuck his face in and started eating.

I chuckled again and pulled on some clothes. I teleported over to the diner Silena took me to and asked for Athea. A short time later, Athea came bustling out of the kitchen, smiling.

“Percy! What a lovely surprise. How have you been?”

“Good, thanks Athea. Can I get some takeout?”

She nodded and handed me a menu. “Order whatever you want. Once I told the chef who you were, he told me that everything was on the house for you.”

“Well that’s nice of him.” I scanned the menu and ordered two parfaits and some oatmeal.

Athea came back with a plastic bag tied up and handed it to me. “Here you go Percy.”

“Thanks Athea. You’re the best.”

“You’re welcome.” She kissed my cheek and smiled. “Have a good day.”

“You too.” I teleported to outside the Hospital Wing and stepped inside. “Good morning Annabeth.” I sang and skipped over to her bedside.

She groaned and sat up. Her eyes were still grey, but tinged around the iris with a light green,

“Holy cow Annabeth! What the heck happened with your eyes?”

“What do you mean?”

I clapped my hands and summoned a mirror. I handed it to her and waited.

She gasped. “Why are my eyes rimmed with green?”

“I don’t know. Chrissy!” I called.

Chrissy hurried out of the side office and stood by my side. “What’s wrong Mr. Percy?”

“Uh, why is her eyes rimmed with green?”