Chapter 34

Chapter 34

The gods dismissed us to ponder the threat and who took Jerome and Drew. We walked back to the cabin and got comfy.

“So, are you sure we didn’t take them?” Henry asked. “I would’ve loved to torture them.” He grinned like a manic and rubbed his hands together.

 Sam smacked him on the back of the head. “Yes idiot.” Sam said rolling her eyes. “If we did, my ears would fall off because Drew would whine too much. These ropes are too tight. My makeup isn’t right. My hair isn’t perfect.” Sam mimicked.

“Oh, okay! I’m bored.” Henry got up and started singing a One Direction song. He skipped around the living room and up the stairs, still singing.

Sam gritted her teeth. “I’m going to kill him! James? Want to help?”

“With pleasure.” Together, they picked up their knives from the table and marched upstairs. Moments later, a shrill shriek was heard.

Laughing, I turned to the rest of the group. “So who do we think did it?”

Annabeth shrugged. “I have no idea.” She tapped her fingers on the couch.

The television turned on and Chaos’ face appeared. “Hello! Is this thing on?” The screen had a bunch of fuzzy lines and his face kept disappearing.

I walked over to the television and smacked it, restoring the picture to normal.

“Ah, thank you Percy. Now, wait, where is everybody?”

I looked around. “Sam and James must still be killing Henry. Should I go get them?”

“No, no. Just meet me here in an hour. I have some important news to share with you.” The screen turned dark as his face faded.

“Well, an hour.” I stated. I turned to Annabeth. “Want to go watch a movie?”

“Sure. Let me go get popcorn.” She stood up and headed towards the kitchen.

I got up as well and started heading up the stairs, yelling over my shoulder to the Kendell, Rebekah, and Zoe. “You guys can do whatever!”

Zoe and Rebekah high- fived and started to discuss the finer points of handling a bow, while Kendall took out her wand and made small objects float around the room.

I headed upstairs and into my and Annabeth’s room. I walked over to a cabinet under the television and opened the doors. I pulled out a movie and popped it into the DVD player. As the warnings came up on the screen, Annabeth came in with a steaming bowl full of popcorn. She set the bowl down on my bedside table and leaned down to pick up the DVD case. As she read the title, she groaned.

“Really? Finding Nemo? Again?”

“HEY!” I protested. “It’s a classic!”