Chaper 12

Chapter 12

Annabeth groaned and looked up, her eyes glazed in pain. “Percy.” She stood shakily and lunged at me, throwing her arms around me and sobbed into my shirt.

I hugged her and rubbed her back to comfort her. “Shh Wise Girl, you’re okay. You’re safe.”

She inhaled sharply and disentangled herself from me, sitting beside me on the couch. I threw an arm around her shoulder and kissed her forehead.

“Well Miss. Chase. You’re a lucky, lucky girl. And in terrible shape, no offence.” He motioned to me. “My boy, will you do a little healing please?”

I placed a hand on different cuts and bruises and shot bursts of energy into them. After I was finished, I leaned back slowly and examined her. “Well, that’s as much as I can do sir. She’s going to need some professional medical help.”

Just at that moment, Silena chose that moment to look up from her little meltdown. She noticed Annabeth sitting next to me and squealed her name. She jumped on her and hugged her tight; Annabeth winced in pain.

“What are you doing here Silena?” Annabeth choked out.

“Doesn’t matter, you look terrible by the way. I need to give you a makeover once you’re feeling better.” She unhooked her arms and flashed out of the room, still squealing.

Chaos planted his head on the desk. “Why do I even keep her around? She drives me nuts.” He waved his hand in a shooing gesture towards the door. “Percy, why don’t you take Ms. Chase to the Hospital Wing?”

“Yes sir.” I stood up and offered my hand to Annabeth. She stood up too and leaned to the side. I steadied her. “Whoa Anna. I don’t think you’re in any condition to walk there.”

“I’m fine Percy.” She tried to walk, but failed and tipped over again.

I chuckled. “Oh really. I disagree.” I scooped her up bridal style. “Looks like I’ll have to carry you, although I can’t teleport with you in my arms.” I bowed my head towards Chaos and exited the office.

I hurried down to the Hospital Wing and laid her down on a bed. “Chrissy! I need help over here!”

A short woman with long caramel colored hair hurried over, wiping her hands on her white nurse’s uniform. “Yes Lord?”

“I need you to heal her. It’s of extreme importance.”

“Right away sir.” She hurried away and came back moments later pushing a small cart full of different bottles and medical instruments. She took out a couple glasses and mixed different potions together. The liquids swirled together and turned a light yellow color. She propped Annabeth up and poured the liquid down her throat. She grabbed a vial attached to a needle and injected it into her arm.

Annabeth relaxed and sighed. I lifted her up and Chrissy pulled down the covers. I set her back down and rearranged the covers around her.

“How long will she be asleep Chrissy?”

“I’d say about three hours for most of the healing process to be complete.”

I took Annabeth’s hand and squeezed it. “Thanks Chrissy. You’re a lifesaver.”

“No problem sir. It’s my job isn’t it?” she turned at left, dragging her cart of medical supplies behind her.

I put my head down and went to sleep, still holding Annabeth’s hand.