Chapter 10

Chapter 10

He was busy clicking on his pure black computer, cursing at the screen. “Darn you stupid ghosts! All I want is for my pacman to get the little pac- dots!” He glanced up and quickly shut off the screen. “Ah, Percy… Silena. How can I help you?”

Silena dragged me over to the desk and sat me down in a seat. “Sir, I have a favor I need to ask you.”

“What is it?”

She pulled out her ipad and showed him a picture. “Do you see that cup she’s drinking out of?”

He took the ipad from her and poked the screen. “Ah, I see. But what does this have to do with me?”

“Well, Percy…” she hit me on the back of the head and I nodded. “And I would like to know if you can find out if there’s anything in that drink like a potion or something.”

“I see.” He placed the device down and looked at us. “We can do that, but do you realize how long that will take?”

I shrugged. “Ten years maybe?”

“It takes about 300.”

“300!” Screeched Silena. “Why so long?”

“Well, were analyzing from a liquid. On a screen. That alone takes about a hundred years just to extract it. We may have to develop new things to get it. Then it takes forever to analyze it because it’s a different kind of liquid.”

Silena stormed out of the office, yelling about needing to see Charlie and Ice Cream.

I whistled. “Wow, okay. So, 300 years?”

“He nodded. “And that’s assuming everything goes right.” He took out a pack of papers stapled together.

I took it from him and skimmed it. “What’s this?”

“Just read. It’s short and in Greek, so your dyslexia shouldn’t act up too bad. It’s a report on the events after you left off.”

I sighed and sat back and read.

Annabeth was sitting and talking with friends when Hermes flashed in and announced that the gods wanted to see Annabeth, Nico, Hazel, Frank, Piper, Jason, and Leo. A couple of other gods flashed in and placed their hands on two demigods and teleported them to the Olympic Throne Room.

“Demigods!” Zeus rumbled. “We are here to honor your achievements in the Gaia war and to reward you.” He beckoned his son forward. “Jason, we offer you godhood. Do you accept?”

Jason looked back at Piper who nodded. “Yes father, I do.”

He went through Nico, Hazel, Frank, Piper, and Leo. Finally he got to Annabeth.

“Annabeth Chase, daughter of Athena. Do you accept godhood?”

She bowed low. “Yes Lord Zeus.”

“Rise.”

He and the other gods raised their arms and started chanting. Their hands glowed with power and beams shot out and encircled the seven demigods. They all lifted a couple of inches off the floor and glowed golden.

A couple minutes later, the glowing stopped and the new gods floated down to the ground.

Zeus snapped his fingers and summoned a platter of ambrosia and seven cups of nectar. He gave it to Hestia who in turn passed it to each new god.

When they finished eating and drinking the godly food, Zeus announced, “Hail Jason Grace, minor god of Lighting and Wind; Piper McLean, minor goddess of love; Nico di Angelo, King of Spirit and minor god of death; Leo Valdez, minor god of forgery and blacksmiths; Frank Zhang, god of all animals and minor god of archery; Hazel Levesque, minor goddess of precious metals and death; Annabeth Chase; minor goddess of architecture and goddess of wit.”

The gods raised one arm in salute and shouted, “Hail.”

Zeus pounded his Master Bolt against the Throne Room floor. “The council meeting is now dismissed. Congratulations young godlings.”

Zeus summoned a massive bolt of lightning and disappeared from the Throne Room. Soon after, the rest of the major gods and goddess flashed out. Finally, there were just the new godlings and two gods left in the room, Poseidon and Athena.

The two gods moved to a spot near a column and began to argue quietly.

“Percy should be here to receive the same gift!”

“Nonsense.” Athena whisper- yelled back. “He ran away for no reason. Anyone who does that should not deserve the gift of godhood.”

“My son doesn’t do anything without a reason. Look how many times he’s saved your daughter.”

“She would’ve been fine by herself. And I’ve been asked to look into a theory about Percy beating up a kid named Jerome.”

Poseidon gasped. “He would never do anything like that!”

“We’ll see what the evidence tells us.” Athena glowed a light grey color and teleported out of the throne room.

Poseidon glanced over to the group of minor gods and walked over to them. “Ah, you’re still here. I suppose I should teleport you back to your camp now.” He clapped his hands and the seven minor gods vanished from the Throne Room.

I finished the last sentence of the report and smiled. “She’s immortal?”

“Yes, a minor goddess. If she proves innocent, I may have to recruit her to the army. I’ve seen a couple videos of her fighting, she’s exceptional with a knife.”

I tossed the report back on the desk and stood. “This is great news! Thanks you!”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. No need to thank me, just train with Sam a little harder in the magic area and we’ll call it even. Yipes! Is that the time? Good night Percy.” He snapped his fingers and teleported me back to my room.

Once oriented in my room, I realized how tired I was. I promptly stumbled over to my bed and fell sound asleep.