Chapter 33

Chapter 33

I stood there, absorbing the news. How could Jerome and Drew just disappear? Thankfully, Chiron voiced my question.

“Does anyone know anything about this?” He glanced at the gods. “Have you sensed anything?”

Zeus shook his head. “No. Even I can’t detect them, though they are really minor gods.”

Chiron sighed heavily. “Well, I suppose we better start organizing search parties.” He motioned for three people to stand; Nico, Jason and Piper. “Will you three start the search?”

They nodded, bowed slightly to the gods and prepared to flash out.

A small Aphrodite girl stood up. “Wait!” She pointed at us. “No need to search, just ask them.”

Poseidon turned to the little girl and knelt. “What makes you think they know where Jerome and Drew are?”

“I heard Drew telling some of my sisters that the Chaos people were bad news and that they were spies.” She crossed her arms and glared at us. “And now it’s proven!” She stormed over to James and kicked him in the shins, yelled, “Give me back my sister, you meanie!”

James groaned and snapped his fingers, summoning a piece of fabric. He looped it around her head and tied the knot tightly. “I can only take one person yelling at me.” He said, glancing at Henry.

Henry crossed his arms and pouted. “You’re so mean to me!”

Hera cleared her throat. “Anyways, back to the serious matter. Chaos warriors, where are Jerome and Drew?”

“We don’t have them. Why would we?” retorted Sam.

“To torture them and get information out of them,” replied Hera.

Sam rolled her eyes. “Please, if we had to capture someone, it would not be anyone who whines if they break a nail.”

Zeus rolled his eyes. “Oh, please. You’ve been looking for a way to bring us down, and grabbing Jerome and Drew to get Intel is the perfect way.”

A small Athena girl with blond curls and intelligent grey eyes stepped forward. “Excuse me, Lord Zeus?”

Zeus turned to the little girl and looked down. “What is it half-blood?”

The girl frowned. “I have a name. It’s Amanda Hunter, Lord. Daughter of Athena” She placed her hands on her hips and continued, “Anyways, it doesn’t make sense that they would try and bring us down now. They’ve had the past week and a half to do it, why now. Also, what motivation would they have? If Chaos thought it important enough to send his best people down here, why would he send the here instead of having him do other missions? And have them teach them stuff they know? We could turn around and use their teachings on them? Yet they teach it to us. I’m just saying your reasoning is flawed.” She finished, crossed her arms, and raised her eyebrow at the king of gods.