Chapter 18

Chapter 18

The next morning, Annabeth woke me up... by kissing me. "Morning sunshine."

I smiled and unwrapped my arms and slid out of bed. I walked over to the windows and peered out. A raven was perched on the windowsill, a note clamped in its beak. I opened the window and pulled the slip of paper from it. It read:

Percy... slight change of plans. You, Sam, Annabeth, and Zoe will need to ship out today. Probably after brunch. That's about ten o' clock for you. The ship is where Silena took you for your first mission. Oh, and I should mention that the trip takes roughly 2 months, even with the fastest ship. Have fun!

I handed the note to Annabeth and checked my watch... perfect, 9:30. "Looks like we're going to have to pack and eat scoot our butts to the ship."

She sped read the note and tossed it on the bed. She ran into the bathroom and changed, coming out brushing her teeth. "Percy, can you pack for us?" She asked, around her toothbrush.

"Of course." I pulled out her small silver suitcase and my matching green one. I rummaged through the drawers and tossed random clothes into the suitcases, clapping my hands. The clothes in both cases folded and arranged themselves... as if by magic.

Sam came in, hauling a similar case behind her. "I brought you a breakfast bar Punk. Catch." She threw the bar at me and sat on the bed, zipping us the cases.

"Thanks." I opened the shiny wrapper and bit into it.

"I also brought one for Miss. Princess. If she'll ever get out of the bathroom. Ah, speak of the devil." Sam stood and tossed another bar at Annabeth who barely caught it. "Come one Princess, we have ten minutes to get to the ship and I can't teleport with luggage. You can eat on the way."

We raced down to the first floor as fast as our legs could take us. We arrived, panting at a large spaceship. It was larger than the one I traveled in for my fist mission. I looked at it confused. "Are we at the right ship?"

Sam opened her mouth to respond, but a tall thin man appeared at the top of the steps with Zoe behind him. He descended and picked up two of our bags. "You must be Percy, Annabeth, and Sam." He bowed. "My name is Michael, but you can call me Mike. I'll be your pilot for the journey." He climbed up the stairs again and motioned as best he could for us to follow. We did and walked into a spacious entrance. Mike handed us each a map and explained to us that it was a map of the ship. He circled a couple of things and starred our rooms. He bowed again and moved to close the ships door. "I shall begin our journey now." He said and left.

The engines outside revved to life and through a window, I could see us rising into the air. Woo, two months in a ship... fun.