Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I stood, picked up the map and vial, and exited. Before I left, I heard Chaos rifling through his desk and muttering a few choice curse words. “Darn assistant. I really need to fire some people.”

I chuckled internally and closed the door. I found Silena pacing the floor in a circle.

She spotted me and gasped. “He didn’t kill you! What’d he ask?”

I held out the folder and she skimmed it. “What’s a scientist have to do with anything?”

“Chaos wants me to capture him. Something about chipping too far into his realm.” I took the map out and pointed to the circled area. “Can you take me here?”

“Sure.” Her phone chimed and she opened a text. She typed a message and a couple minutes later her phone chimed again. Sighing, she turned off the phone and jogged down the hallway.”

I followed closely behind her. “Who was that?”

“Charlie.” She replied, not breaking her pace. “He wanted to spend time with me and was a little upset about me spending so much time with you.”

We arrived at the elevator and we stopped running. I held up my hands. “I don’t want to cause problems between you and him.”

“It’s fine. He just gets jealous sometimes.” She pressed the button and the doors opened. We stepped through and shot down to ground level. When we came out of the elevator, instead of turning left for the stables, we turned right and then immediately through a set of wooden doors. Going through a couple more doors, we arrived in a large launch room. In the middle of the room was a sleek black ship with a red C on the tail of the craft.

A 13 year old boy came up to me and bowed. “Lord Percy. I was instructed by Lord Chaos to escort you to your ship and to your destination.”

“Great!” I hugged Silena goodbye. “I’ll see you later.”

I followed the boy to the steps leading up to the ship. I stopped. “I never did learn your name.”

He turned slightly. “It’s Adam, Lord. Adam Calburn.”

I stuck out my hand and he took it. “Well, it’s a pleasure to meet you Adam, and please… call me Percy.”

We boarded the craft and Adam went over to check the controls. Once he was satisfied, he punched a red button and a loud alarm sounded outside, signaling our takeoff. Adam came over to me and sat next to me in the rear of the ship.

Outside, a voice over the loud speaker counted backwards from ten. When it reached zero, we started our journey up and away from the planet.