Chapter 29

Chapter 29

We crept in after having the best kiss ever. I opened the door and led Annabeth over to the stairs. Before we reached them, a light flicked on and a voice came from one of the chairs.

“Well, well, well. Now you come in. We missed you at dinner. Have a fun day with Kelp Face?" She waggled her eyebrows and threw her book of The Art of War at Annabeth. I batted it away and glared at Sam.

“Don’t hurt her!” I scream- whispered.

“Whatever, so good day Anna?”

She sighed happily. "Yeah. He took me to all the places we had a special moment."

Sam made a face. "You know, I didn't need to know that."

She picked up a pillow and hit her with it. "Oh be quiet."

"Ow, that hurt." Sam said, rubbing her head. "I get the point." She stood up and walked to the door. "Next time, just tell me when to shut up. Don't use the pillow!" She exited the room with a 'Good Night.'

I heard her footsteps retreat up the stairs and I turned to Annabeth. “Well, I’m going to bed. I don’t know about you, but that was exhausting. Come join me whenever you want.” I kissed her goodnight and trudged up the stairs.

                                                                                ~~~~

The next morning I woke up at 8:00. I shrugged, not bad for being me. I quickly showered and dressed in a t-shirt and jeans. I pulled on the ring Chaos gave each of us when we earned a high enough ranking in his army. The ring was a simple gold band with your choice of stone, but when you twisted it, a full set of lightweight, but durable armor popped out and attached to your body. Annabeth had a hand in making the armor pop out more quickly as well as a few key design changes to help the armor be less bulky and feel more natural. And that was her on a meh day. I dabbed at fake tears just thinking about it.

I went down stairs to find Sam and Annabeth in a heated argument.

"The Hulk is far more superior!" Sam yelled.

"And I disagree! Iron Man is the obvious choice!" Annabeth shouted back. “He has the superior brain.”

"Says who!?" Sam shouted back.

"ME!"

"Enough!" I yelled. "Stop with this argument!"

Annabeth sighed and nodded. "I guess you're right. It's completely obvious Sam lost."

She jabbed her finger into Percy's chest. "Watch it Princess!" she growled and stalked away, yelling behind her, “This is so not over!”