It's time

A/N So when I first posted this Fanfic I realized after reading up on whats suggested for this site that my chapters were really really long so I have reformatted a bit and broken them up which has doubled my chapters lol Please feel free to take a read and as always let me know what you think! This chapter is still pretty long but there just wasn't a good place to break it up so I left it as is but I promise the rest are not as bad :) Also please note the song above is more than just entrance music for Melanie it really will be the theme song for everything she has been through. Stay tuned to find out exactly what that is :)

I gripped the steering wheel tightly before taking a deep breath. I looked in the rearview mirror at the green eyes that were reflecting back at me. Today was the day where people were going to see what I was made of. Today it was time that everyone was going to remember my name. I released my grip on the steering wheel and opened the door stepping out into the warm breeze of New Jersey. I tossed my curly hair over my shoulder as the breeze whipped back and forth. The show had already started but I wasn't the first up anyway. Steph wanted my entrance to be a complete surprise. I quickly pulled my phone out of my pocket and text her.

Me: Hey Steph the phoenix has landed and is headed into the Arena

Steph: lol awesome Sasha is already in Gorilla. We sent her there early so she wouldn't see you. This is going to be amazing for everyone. Make sure you stay out of sight, we don't want to many people seeing you and saying something to Sasha about you being here.

Me: Got it Boss Lady :)

Steph: After the show we need to catch up I haven't had a chance to talk to you much and I miss you!

Me: Sounds good to me but you know Sasha is going to want to come

Steph: Yeah I know I guess for tonight I will share you

Me: Awww look at that the Billion Dollar Princess agreeing to share I'm so proud of you! It has only taken you 32 years to grasp that concept but better late than never! :)

Steph: Shut up smartass lol

Me: Yeah but you wouldn't have it any other way! lol

Steph: True - gotta go I will see you soon Mel

Me: k

I shoved my phone in my pocket I couldn't hide the smile that spread across my face and to be honest I didn't want to. Stephanie and I had literally grown up together. She was one of my best friends and we figured out early a great balance of friend/employee and we made sure that the line was never blurred. In fact it is just recently that people even knew we were friends outside of work. There are a very select number of people that actually know how far back we actually go, but then again that is the way I want to keep it. I want to make it in this business on my own merits. Not riding off of my Dad's accomplishments unlike my cousin who at every chance talks about how genetically superior she is. God even sometimes I find it hard to believe that she and I are related. I flashed my badge to the security guys backstage who nodded and smiled at me. I asked them where Gorilla was and they gave me the easiest route to get there. I proceeded to walk down the hallway. I still had about 15 minutes to kill so I decided to take a small tour away from Gorilla to put some distance in-between me and Sasha and to try and settle my nerves. I passed by a few of the crew members who knew me from NXT and smiled and exchanged pleasantries. I didn't get far before I was grabbed from behind by the waist and hoisted into the air. I looked down at the hands around my waist and immediately recognized the gloves, but I decided to teach him a quick lesson so I swiftly raised my right arm and elbowed him in the head. I quickly spun around to see Seth stumble backwards into stage crates against the wall as he gripped his head. He raised his hands in defeat as a smile spread across his face. He stood up straight and opened his arms. I quickly walked into his embrace as he again lifted me off of the ground.