Thirty

Just warning everyone right now, this chapter fucking sucks. I suck lately.

Nancy.

We just left the woods, and I'm quickly dropping everyone off. I've got a really bad feeling about this whole Troy situation, and I want to see if I can make things better. Or at least figure out what is happening. Steve will be mad at me, but that's fine. It's worth it.

I dropped Mike off, then slowly drove to Steve's house. If I see any cars in the driveway, I'll wait. I know Steve keeps his car in the garage, and his parents keep their cars outside. He's about as spoiled as it gets, if you couldn't already tell.

His parents weren't home, luckily, so I parked and hurried to the door. I rang the doorbell, rocking on my feet a bit with nerves. This won't be easy, but I'm willing to do it. Something wasn't right about the way Troy looked absolutely terrified.

The door swung open, and Steve looked at me with a confused expression.

"Nancy? What're you doing here?" he asked slowly, and I stepped in a bit.

"You aren't gonna like this, I know, but can I talk to Troy?" I got right to the point, and he gave me a weird look.

"Why would you talk to him?" his voice held a small hint of disgust, and I was trying to figure out who he meant it towards.

"I just want to, is that ok?" I was obviously annoyed, and I think he found it funny.

"No, not ok. See you Monday, Nancy," he stated simply, pointing at the door. I gave him a surprised look, then hurried back outside. What do I do? I've never dealt with something like this before.

I got back in my car, and hurried to Jonathan's house. Doesn't Miss Byers work with this kind of stuff? Or at least something similar?

I arrived quickly and knocked heavily, making sure someone heard it. Jonathan opened the door almost immediately, smiling wide.

"Hey Nance, what's up?" he asked while letting me inside.

"Hey, doesn't your mom work with kids?" I asked quickly, and he nodded.

"Yeah, she's in the kitchen." he lead the way, and we entered the kitchen, making her look up immediately.

"Hello Nancy, how are you?" she asked, and Jonathan spoke before I could.

"She has to talk to you about your job," he informed, and Miss Byers nodded immediately. Her smile dropped, as well, and she looked suddenly very serious.

"Well, I'm not sure of anything, I'm just worried. I think a boy may be being treated badly, or...maybe even harmed. I don't know, I could be wrong, but it's just very suspicious. I tried to talk to him, but his brother wouldn't let me," I rushed out, but my voice was wavering a bunch.

"Who is this?" she asked, and I frowned a bit.

"Uh, his name is Troy. Troy Harrington," I informed slowly, and Jonathan looked at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"Alright, I'll see what I can do. Thank you for telling me, Nancy, you did the right thing."

Did I?

-

Ha kms even the end is terrible