Chapter Thirty Three - Our Unconventional First Date

I stepped out of the car, interlacing my fingers with Rosie's little ones and pulling her a long behind me as she stumbled slowly, taking in all of her surroundings.

She was like a little kid the way she looked at the world sometimes. It was endearing.

Zack, Craig and Liam all walked along side us, grinning almost excitedly as I was.

I can't help it.

I'm a guy.

Anything that involves guns and shooting people? It just catches my interest.

Craig just wanted an excuse to come here ever since it opened, and I suppose what better time than the present?

Rosie had had plenty of time to hm and ha over this, cringing and worrying about it. She never dropped out though, so I took that as a good sign.

So it was Thursday afternoon, and thankfully the weather was pretty good. This wasn't exactly the kind of thing you could do in the rain. And it wasn't too cold either, which was helpful.

Walking through the big doors that lead through to the changing area, where they set you up with your paint guns and all the gear you needed, Liam told the receptionist who we are and we were let in immediately, having booked and paid in advance.

We were the only ones here for today, thankfully, so we didn't have to play with anyone else but ourselves.

Some guy came out and explained all the basic rules and regulations – I'd heard them all before, it was only really for Rosie's benefit.

She didn't seem to be following any of it, when they told her how to reload or to aim the gun properly. She really didn't have a clue when it came to this kind of thing did she? In fact she wasn't great with anything physical at all – she couldn't even run very far, which I found adorable.

The dark walls of the rooms were covered in pictures of people dressed in combats, some out side and some inside as they played together, some professionally, some just for fun.

There were guns hanging from all the walls and really cool knives. You could do other stuff here apart from just paint balling, but we figured with Rosie here this would be the most appropriate.

When the briefing was over, we were sent over to get on these weird jumpsuit type things to protect your clothes, there were two teams, black, and grey.

''So who's team are you on then Rosie?'' Craig asked her, grinning widely.

She instantly opened her mouth, pointing at me as if she was about to say she would be on my team, but I shook my head.

''No way.''

Her eyebrows furrowed and she tilted her head to the side, not understanding why I didn't want her on my team.

I grinned.

''Cutie, I love you, but I wanna win.'' I said sheepishly.

She gasped, glaring at me playfully as she huffed a breath and went to stand with Liam, linking her arm with his.

''Fine! I'll go with Liam.'' she stated, a little put out.

Liam grinned and put his arm round her shoulder, pulling her into his side.

''Hey, at least you get to shoot him.'' he said reassuringly.

She grinned, nodding enthusiastically as she went to find a grey jumpsuit.

I smiled and shook my head.

Good to know my girlfriend's looking forward to shooting me.

So the teams were decided.