Chapter Forty Two - Jingle Bells

''Hey beautiful.'' I whispered, kissing Rosie's forehead. She was fast asleep in my arms, but it was Christmas for Christ sakes, CHRISTMAS! She had to wake up!

I shook her gently when kissing her didn't work, and she began to stir slightly, groaning softly. Her pinkish red hair was sprawled out around her shoulders, covering parts of her face so I brushed it out of the way as I leaned over her to watch her wake up.

Her eyes opened slowly, and she took a second to focus them, before she smiled sleepily up at me, and closed them again, snuggling back into my chest.

''Sleep.'' she mumbled, her voice husky and thick with sleep.

''Rosie, it's Christmas! Wake up!'' I exclaimed, laughing softly.

''What?!'' she asked, sitting up, her eyes a little wide.

Did she forget it was Christmas?

I smiled down at her, not giving her any warning before I pressed my lips to hers and kissed her softly.

I could feel her lips turning up into a smile against mine, and for once I felt completely at peace. Not only did I have my baby sister back in time for Christmas, but I also had the most amazing girl in the world to share it with. I wasn't ever letting her go.

''Merry Christmas.'' she whispered against my lips, her soft skin brushing against mine.

I smiled and kissed her again.

Yeah, two things I couldn't seem to stop doing lately.

Smiling, and kissing Rosie.

The cold nipped at my bare arms, making me shiver and forget about Christmas momentarily to snuggle back under the covers with Rosie. She giggled and let me nuzzle her neck with my cold nose, wrapping her short arms around my neck and holding me there.

She was wearing a pair of my boxers, with one of my shirts on, and my big hoodie over the top. Yeah, it hasn't stopped snowing lately so it's absolutely freezing now.

I on the other hand, being the responsible mother fucker I am, slept in nothing but a pair of light sweat pants.

So I was fucking cold.

''Josh, it's Christmas! Wake up!'' Rosie laughed, copying my words from earlier. I rolled my eyes and held her tighter, persistently refusing to get up now.

Her fingers wound their way into my hair, tangling in as she ran them through it gently, and my face ended up in her boobs.

Yep, this is the life.

Face in Rosie's boobs, with her magic fingers running through my hair.

I. Am. Never. Getting. Up.

The bedroom door burst open though, and Sasha stumbled her way in, doing her best to run with her crutches.

''Sasha be careful!'' I shouted, jumping up to help her before she fell or something. There was this massive little grin on her face though the whole time, so I couldn't stay mad at her for too long. I just didn't want her to hurt herself.

I picked her up and set her in between Rosie and I, where she got comfortable under the covers and wrapped her arms around me, snuggling her face into my chest.

I smiled down at her, kissing her forehead gently as Rosie stroked her hair.

''Merry Christmas Sasha!'' Rosie told her, grinning excitedly.

Sasha pulled away from me to grin back, hugging Rosie once with her still broken and in a cast arm, before snuggling back into me.

I looked at the clock on the night stand.