Chapter Three

JOSH

Finally, it's Friday.

I rolled over in my bed and smacked the alarm clock until it stopped ringing. Just one more day of hell until the weekend when I could let off some steam.

I found weekdays incessantly boring. I've never found high school drama to be entertaining in the slightest.

It had been a busy week in the bedroom department, I had hooked up a few times. What can I say, I had to do something to keep myself occupied.

Craig was still set on me actually participating in this bet of his. I wasn't sure my reputation could handle sleeping with some random dork. I mean yeah, if you really look at her then you can see she has this sort of hidden beauty that guys look for in a girl they want to marry.

But I wasn't getting married, was I? I was proving a point to Craig that I could get any girl I wanted and taking home fifty bucks in the process.

I grimaced at the thought of getting married. Why anyone would want that for their lives is beyond me. Why waste your life with one girl when you could have them all? I wasn't even interested in having a girlfriend never mind a wife. The thought of being stuck with some clingy girl made me want to gouge my eyes out.

Thankfully, my reputation for sleeping around exceeded me and the girls I slept with knew not to get attached. I hated when girls thought just because you slept with them you wanted to be their boyfriend. It was pathetic.

I sighed and climbed out of my too warm double bed, running a hand through my messy bed hair, and walking into the bathroom to get ready.

I stepped into the shower, letting the cool water splash down my back, and stayed there for at least fifteen minutes, just to wake myself up.

I had been out late last night with the guys. Not my best decision since school started at eight thirty.

I sighed and stepped out, drying off with a towel and shaking my long hair, causing droplets of water to fly across the room in all directions.

Pulling on some random black jeans and a shirt, I threw the towel into the wash basket and headed downstairs.

On my way I saw my baby sister, Sasha coming on of her room, a sleepy look on her little face, sucking her right thumb with a teddy under her left arm.

I grinned down at her, she was so cute.

"Hey Sash." I said, my mood instantly improving.

"Josh!" she smiled happily. I lent down and picked her up, balancing her on my hip as I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen.

She continued to suck her right thumb, her left arm going around my neck to hold on, and the teddy now sandwiched between us, so she didn't drop it.

I carried her into the kitchen and set her down on her highchair, quickly looking into the sitting room to see if I could find Mom.

There was no sign of her, so I sighed and looked around the kitchen.

"What you want for breakfast?" I asked her.

Her little blonde eyebrows furrowed together in concentration as she thought about her answer, her head tilting to the side thoughtfully.

After some consideration, she decided.

"Pop tarts." she told me.

I smiled and ruffled up her thin blonde hair, nodding my head and putting the pop tarts into the toaster, along with some toast for myself.