Chapter Fifty Eight - Nothing but Love

Rosie

I jumped out of bed and threw on the first clothes I could find, not caring what I looked like as I rushed to get out the door.

Josh was being released from hospital this morning and I couldn't wait to see him.

Mom greeted me in the kitchen, and I took a buttered slice of toast from the plate she was offering, kissing her on the cheek as I slipped my shoes on with my spare hand.

Dad sat quietly at the kitchen table, sipping his coffee. He was watching me but wouldn't meet my eyes.

I sighed as I glanced at him, my mom rubbing my arm sympathetically.

"Text me if you need anything." Mom said, turning back to the dishes in the sink.

"Will do." I said, checking the time on my phone before slipping it back into my pocket.

I glanced at my Dad one last time before turning around and heading for the front door. I closed the door behind me and skipped down the steps, heading straight to Josh's house.

I could see Claire's car in the distance, slowly coming up the road on it's way home.

I grinned and waved at the car, jogging to their driveway.

The car turned and slowly drove into the driveway before coming to a stop and it's lights turned off.

Claire stepped out and went to the boot of the car, opening it up above her head and pulling a set of crutches from the space.

One of the back doors opened and Sasha jumped out, eagerly rushing to see me. I picked her up and carried her with me to the car where Claire had now opened the other backdoor of the car and was helping Josh out of his seat.

She handed him the crutches and he scrunched his face is pain as he gripped onto them to hold his weight.

He looked up and smiled at me, noticing that I was there as Claire said hello to me and took Sasha from my arms, heading to open her front door.

Josh flicked his neck to get the hair out of his face and turned to walk towards the house. I smiled and kissed his cheek, then walked slowly by his side, watching carefully to make sure he was okay.

I could sense he was frustrated with his lack of mobility but it was important for his recovery that he took things slow and used the crutches.

We all stepped inside the house and Claire instructed Josh to sit on the sofa. Josh sat down slowly, grimacing at the pain in his side as he did so. He leant back into the seat and closed his eyes, resting his head against the back.

He was still so weak and tired, and it had been a hard few days for him since finding out about Zack.

I sat beside him and reached my hand out, running my fingers through his hair. He sighed contentedly and leant into me, laying his head on my shoulder.

I kissed his forehead and continued rubbing my fingers against his head soothingly. Sasha sat on the floor by our feet and started playing with her dolls on the carpet.

"Are you glad to be home?" I asked him, quietly.

He nodded his head, his arms snaking around my waist and pulling me in closer to him. "I'll be happier when I get my hands on you later." He whispered, his lips brushing my ear softly.

It sent a shiver down my spine and I giggled, swatting his arm gently to behave.

"Coffee anyone?" Claire shouted from the kitchen.