Chapter Fifty Nine - Funeral

ROSIE

For the first time in what felt like forever I woke up feeling safe, secure, and warm in Josh's arms.

My head rested on his chest and his arms were wrapped tightly around me. Our legs were entangled under the covers. My head raised and lowered slowly in time with his chest as he breathed in and out steadily.

I glanced up at his sleeping face, his eyes still closed and his long dark lashes brushing his cheeks. Some of the colour was returning to his skin and he was starting to look much healthier. He was still quite thin, and his arms didn't feel the same as they used to when they surrounded me.

I knew he would be okay though; we had hit the bottom, but things were only looking up from here.

I snaked my arm around his waist and nuzzled my face into his bare chest. He stirred lightly but didn't wake, remaining peacefully asleep.

I was careful not to touch his side where his stitches were covered in white bandages. He was still suffering with a lot of pain and the area was extremely sensitive.

My phone buzzed quietly from underneath my pillow and I reached under carefully so as not to disturb Josh.

It was a text from my Mom, telling me she'd seen Daniel on the news. He had been arrested and charged, as well as some of the boys he was with that night.

It was upsetting to think back to that night, but I was glad something was being done about it. I can't say that I felt happy, but I suppose I felt relieved.

I felt Josh moving and suddenly his lips were on my neck, peppering light kisses over my skin.

I giggled and slipped the phone away under the pillow, tangling my fingers into his soft hair. I felt his lips turn up into a smile against my skin as his hands found their way to my butt, squeezing playfully.

He nipped and sucked at the skin on my neck and I moaned quietly, pulling his body closer against mine.

He moved to push me into the bed and climb on top of me where he usually would but groaned in pain and retracted.

Instead I pushed him down into the bed and straddled his hips, careful not to lean on his sore area. He smirked up at me cheekily, his hands gripping my hips and his fingers pressing into my skin.

My hair fell around my shoulders messily and I flicked it out of my face, leaning down to Josh.

I teased him, barely brushing my lips against his. He groaned and leant his neck up trying to meet my lips.

I giggled and shook my head, pulling my lips away so that he couldn't reach them. He growled and reached his hand up to grip my hair tightly, yanking my face down to his and kissing me roughly.

I moaned into his kiss, my body melting into his as I felt his erection pressing against my groin where our bodies met. He lifted his hips up to rub against me as he used his hands to move my hips against his.

I gasped quietly in pleasure, but he quickly covered my mouth with another desperate kiss.

My hands confidently reached down to the hem of his boxers and he smirked as I pushed them down out of the way.

"I like this side of Rosie." He mused.

I giggled and shushed him.

"Don't get used to it, it's only while you're hurt." I joked.

He pouted in disappointment.

"Well.." he grinned, "At least I have a long recovery ahead of me."