Chapter Fifteen - His Intoxication

Rosie's P.O.V

The week passed uneventfully, Claire didn't even need me 'till Friday night so I got in a lot more sleep and homework than I had been getting in quite a while.

For that I was appreciative; all these late nights were beginning to take their toll on me.

When I wasn't making up for lost sleep or keeping on top of my homework, I was practising the piano with Daddy.

Yeah, as bogus as it sounded, I was going to enter the talent show.

Firstly, I wanted to help raise money for the orphanage, and secondly, because I'm trying to get noticed by someone...

No need to mention any names there.

I'm not making it obvious or anything, I'm just gonna play my song and go home, and if it was meant to be then it will happen.

I know, it's stupid and I'm setting myself up for heartbreak, but I couldn't help myself. The hopeless romantic in me was taking over.

Plus, I wanted to try and improve my confidence.

Lets face it, I was too innocent, too shy, and too naïve.

After a long chat with Mom about boys, as embarrassing as It was, I decided that if I wanted to be noticed then I had to put myself out there and appear more self assured and strong.

Not that I was, but I was going to try and look it at least.

Mom only has experience with Daddy, but that's still more than me, and I've never met two people more in love than them, so I know I can trust her advice.

Mom loved getting to talk to me about the normal girly things she never could before, I was always to uncomfortable to even think about boys.

Heck, I still am, somehow Josh is just different.

I don't know why and I don't know how, but he is...

I was looking forward to babysitting tonight, I hadn't seen Sasha in a week and I was beginning to miss our little chats about all sorts of nonsense.

I smiled at the thought, and pulled on my pink and grey stripy jumper, over a pair of denim jeans, my pink converse and threw my hair up into two French braids, just to get it out of my face – it was getting a bit too long, and I needed to get it cut soon.

''Bye Daddy.'' I called into the family room where Daddy was sitting, eating his dinner and watching a football game. Mom was working tonight so it was just Daddy and me home.

''Bye Rosie, be careful!'' he called after me.

I smiled to myself as I shut the door behind me on my way out of the house.

Ringing the doorbell to Claire's, I took in a deep breath of fresh air and smiled, looking forward to the night ahead.

I think I'm going to work with children when I'm older.

I absolutely love my job at the minute and would happily make it a full time, proper job when I was old enough. Mom and Dad always told me to make sure I did something with my life that I love, and I think I've found it.

''Hello Rosie!'' Claire greeted cheerfully.

''Hi!'' I answered back, stepping through the open door and through to the kitchen.

''Sasha's in her room, I'll bring her down before I leave.''

''Okay.''

Josh was nowhere to be seen, and I wasn't going to come right out and ask, so instead I said my hello's to Sasha and joined Claire for a cup of tea before she had to leave.