Chapter Forty Eight - Love, Hate & Heartbreak

The days past slowly without Rosie by my side. She'd been ignoring my calls, and to be honest I was too afraid and ashamed to show my face at her house. I couldn't eat or sleep, or concentrate at all.

I was constantly cranky and snapped at everyone. The guys had attempted to get a response from Rosie as well, but by the looks of things she was ignoring all of us.

I didn't blame Craig for telling her, I wasn't mad at him. If I'm honest I just didn't have the energy to, and it wasn't his fault anyway.

He only did what I should have done months ago – told the truth. But I didn't. I was a coward, and now I was paying the price.

I lost the love of my life.

For good.

What the fuck was the point in even living any more? I ruined everything. Absolutely everything I touched turned to shit.

It was all my fault.

''You've gotta keep trying.'' Liam urged me, nodding encouragingly.

I ignored him.

We had made up, so there were no hard feelings any more, but I just couldn't take the rejection any longer. I couldn't hear the dial tone run dead or even check my phone to see I still had no texts from her name one last time. I just couldn't. Not again.

I had spent the last three days doing that and I wasn't about to do it again.

''Josh, come on, It's Rosie! You can't give up on her, not now!'' Zack said.

I shook my head.

''She's not gonna talk to me. Ever. And each time I try it gets harder and harder! I can't do it any more, she's gone!'' I yelled. They all winced, but didn't back down.

''You don't know that Josh! She's mad! If you just get her to listen then she-''

''NO!'' I yelled. ''I can't..'' I said quieter.

They all looked at me sympathetically.

I glared.

I didn't want their sympathy, I wanted Rosie.

She had every right to push me away, and I hated it. But there was nothing at all that I could do about it. She was gone, and I had lost her.

Sighing, I realised they weren't going to leave me alone with this. Heaving myself out of the sofa I was sitting in, I ran my hand over my face, through my hair, and walked to the door.

I looked down at what I was wearing – sweats and a t-shirt. It was going to have to do. With one last deep breath, I rolled my eyes and left the house.

I tried not to think about what I was doing, in case my common sense kicked in and I turned back around.

My hand made contact with the front door before I had the chance to change my mind.

I heard shuffling around, and my heart leapt into my throat. If she answered the door, and if I saw her...I would loose it again. To see her beauty and know I could never call her mine again..it would be too much to cope with.

A pair of blue eyes peeked through the small coloured window in the centre of the door, before a lock was clicked and slowly the door was pulled back.

A fist flew out of nowhere, hitting me right in the eye. Out of shock, I fell back, clutching my eye as I hit the ground. Aiden towered over me, almost growling, like an angry dog bearing his teeth.

''You're not welcome here.'' he snarled.

All I could do was look at him, as the pain in my chest, my heart, was joined by the throbbing in my eye and a kink in my neck from the punch – my head having been thrown back, hard.