Chapter Six - Flirtatious Friends

Josh's P.O.V

Okay, so Mom said I can't fuck Rosie. Fine she put it a lot nicer than that, but still, this made winning this stupid bet even harder. Seriously, I was going to have to convince the dork to sleep with me, AND do it without getting caught.

I know I said I was up for a challenge, but come on...I'm not God for crying out loud!

Last night was really awkward when Rosie came round. Mom had to leave early, so I got stuck by myself with her.

I still wasn't a hundred percent happy about Rosie baby sitting Sasha, but apparently she was really good last night, and she's all Sasha has been talking about since she got up, so as long as Sasha's happy, then I'm happy. Well, I'll tolerate it at least.

The guys were coming over tonight. We were supposed to have band practice, but we can't be assed so we're just gonna hang out and watch TV or something, drink a few beers.

I sat down at the dinner table, impatiently grabbing my fork and shovelling food into my mouth so that I could get away faster. I hated sitting with my family, it felt weird. Yeah, I get on great with my Mom, and I love my sister to death, but ever since Dad died, I just can't do the whole 'dinner as a family' thing. We're not a family any more.

My Mom rolled her eyes at me, she thinks I'm just going through a phase and being a typical teenage boy or whatever. That's not the case, but I guess I'm just too proud to tell her the real reason. Nobody knows the real reason to anything I do any more...

The house phone rang loudly through the house, making Sasha jump and make a little squeaking noise, her fork dropping and clattering against her plate. I smiled at her, sitting in her high chair and and looking so innocent. Damn she was cute.

Mom jumped up to answer the phone, lifting it from the wall and holding it to her ear. I could only hear her side of the conversation, so I really didn't know what she was talking about, or who she was talking to.

''Hello?''

''Yes.''

''Tonight?''

''Okay, that's no problem.''

''Okay, yes that's fine.''

''I'll see you in an hour then.''

''Bye!''

She hung up the phone, before dialling in a separate number and phoning someone else.

''Hi Rosie, It's Claire.''

''I'm fine thank you, yourself?''

''That's good to hear, listen I need a favour. Can you come over tonight and watch Sasha for me? I just got called into work.''