Chapter Twenty Seven - A Party Gone Wrong

Oh my god I cant wait!

I let out a girlish squeal as I hit my alarm clock to silence it and jumped out of bed in a rush to get ready.

I had been lying awake half the night, unable to settle out of pure excitement for today, but I knew I had to wait for my alarm before I got up or else I would seem to eager...

I grinned to myself as I sprinted to the bathroom and jumped into the shower in a haste for the day to start, quickly washing my hair and body before jumping out and getting dressed as fast as possible, almost falling over as I pulled on my jeans over my still slightly damp legs.

Once my jeans were securely on and buttoned up, I pulled on a new t-shirt that I had bought on Monday at the mall while birthday shopping for Josh's Birthday pres-

OH GOD!

It's Josh's birthday!

I was so excited about giving him his present I almost forgot what it was for!

Laughing at my own stupidity and forgetfulness, I quickly grabbed my phone and texted in a message.

Happy Birthday :D xx – Rosie

It wasn't long before I got a reply, and in the meantime I had finished getting dressed and pulled on my favourite pair of pink converse.

Ugh, not yet it isn't. Will you be long? xx – Josh

I laughed as I read over the text and checked the time, realising that it was about ten o'clock so all his family was probably there already, and I knew from last night that he wasn't looking forward to them being there.

Be as fast as I can xx - Rosie

With that, I threw my phone into my back pocket and quickly turned on my hair dryer to roughly blow dry my hair. My hair normally sat pretty much okay by itself, and fell in natural curls that got from my Mom on it's own without having to style it – which always came in handy when running late.

I wasn't running late though, in fact I was running generally early considering I wasn't even planning on getting there until half past, but Josh was clearly bored there all by himself.

Guys got here early...I'm bored xx – Josh

I laughed down at my phone, shaking my head at Josh's impatience as I lifted the parcels I had wrapped the night before and jogged downstairs.

Mom and Daddy were sitting at the kitchen table together drinking coffee, reading and discussing the news paper while Josh's main present sat in the corner.

''You ready?'' Mom grinned.

''Yep.'' I told her, shoving the parcels that consisted of hoodies under my arm and picking up the box by the handle that contained Josh's present – the one I couldn't wait for him to see.

''You won't forget to text me and let me know what he thinks?'' Mom reminded.

''Yeah I know Mom.'' I laughed as I kissed Daddy's cheek and gave her an awkward one armed hug considering everything I was carrying.

''Have fun!'' Daddy called as I walked from the kitchen down the hall and towards the front door.

''Bye!'' I called, stepping outside and closing the door behind me.

Oh god this was really happening!

I honestly can't stress how excited I was enough.

Josh was eighteen today.

Eighteen!

That officially made him an adult!

He was a lot older than me than I had first expected, my birthday wasn't for another eight months!