Chapter Thirty Five - Slumber Party

Rosie's P.O.V

I smiled as I slipped through the door to my house, my lips still tingling from the lingering kiss Josh had given me moments before.

Last night was amazing.

It may have seemed sudden, but something inside me just kind of clicked and I knew I was ready. I knew in my head that I loved Josh more than anything, and I trusted him with my life. I was just ready. So it happened.

I loved how Josh tried not to push me into anything, but he didn't realise that he wasn't making me do anything, I wanted it, because I loved him, and I was ready to give all of myself to him.

If I wasn't mistaken, last night seems to have brought us even closer together. It's almost as if it sealed the deal, that this was all true, it was really happening.

He's barely let me go all morning. I love it when he's feeling clingy, it makes me feel needed.

I was wearing my old jeans from yesterday since they were all I had, but I kept on the t-shirt Josh had left out for me to borrow today. I loved wearing his clothes, they made me feel so small, but so safe because they smelt like him.

That's another thing about last night. I felt so safe in Josh's arms. Even though I was terrified, everything about Josh was just so calming and really made me feel like nothing could ever hurt me. I loved the feel of his strong arms around me.

I loved Josh, period.

I was so embarrassed that Claire had heard us. At first I was so worried that she would think less of me, but she just laughed and told us that we were adorable. She's been a lot more careful to tell Josh she loves him, or to go out of her way to be nicer to him, since last Saturday. I was glad of that. Josh was just the kind of person who needed reassurance often, I'm not sure why he does, but it was a cute quality.

Now I was in the best mood ever, and I was giddily skipping into the kitchen to see my Mom and Daddy.

Mom was standing at the cooker, making bacon and eggs, while Daddy was sipping at his coffee and reading the paper.

They both looked up as I walked in, smiling at me brightly. I kissed Daddy's cheek and gave him a hug, before going over to help Mom.

''Morning Honey.'' Mom said, grinning at me as she flipped the bacon in the pan.

''Morning.'' I chirped.

The cooker was right beside the sink, so I was standing close by Mom as I got myself a glass of water from the filter tap.

I felt Mom's eyes on me, so I turned from the window to look at her questioningly. She gave me a knowing look, before pulling me a little closer and rearranging my messy hair so that it went around one side of my neck, covering my shoulder.

My eyebrows furrowed as I looked at her curiously, but she winked and went back to making Daddy's breakfast.

Shrugging, I finished off my water and washed the glass, putting it away before skipping up the stairs to have a shower. I was still covered in paint and my hair was a lost cause, so I really really needed one.

I stripped off all my clothes, before jumping into the shower and making sure I got rid of all the paint and dirt from my hair and body.

It was ridiculous how many places that paint got without even trying. It was all over me, and there were still a few twigs and leaves in my hair from yesterday.

I giggled, remembering how I got them there, as I turned off the shower and stepped out, wrapping a towel around my body before walking quickly back to my bedroom.