Chapter Forty Five - Happy New Years

I stiffened as I felt a body sit down on one of the hard plastic seats beside me. I'd been at the hospital for about an hour now, just waiting for someone to tell me my baby was okay.

They wouldn't tell me anything though, I wasn't family. The tears stopped falling a while ago, I was just numb now, my face still in my hands. My head was aching and I felt sick to the stomach. It was all my fault.

I looked up, and was met by the green eyes of Liam. I glared at him, before looking back down. He was the one giving her drinks. I know it wasn't on purpose, but it's his fault her drink got spiked.

And why did she even say 'no' on the way out of the closet? I didn't have the energy to figure it out, I just needed Rosie to be okay and then I'd worry about everything else.

Liam's hand closed over my shoulder as he tried to comfort me, but I shrugged him off, mumbling at him not to touch me.

He sighed, opening his big stupid mouth and speaking.

''Look, I know you're upset but don't take it out on me!'' he exclaimed.

''But it's your fault!'' I yelled, standing up.

''HOW IS IT!'' he retorted, his eyes wide.

''IT JUST IS!'' I yelled.

''WELL I DIDN'T MEAN TO KISS HER IT JUST KIND OF HAPPENED AND THEN SHE PASSED OUT!'' He screamed.

I froze.

''Y-You what?'' I stuttered.

His eyes widened as he realised what he had said, and he covered his mouth with his hand.

''I-I''

''You kissed my girlfriend!?'' I shouted.

He shook his head frantically.

''N-No -''

''WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!?'' I screamed, taking fistfuls of my hair in stress.

I didn't know what to think right now. All I knew was that my girlfriend was unconscious from drugs that my best friend accidentally gave her, my best friend who apparently kissed her right before she passed out.

We were attracting the attention of loads of people around us, but how could I care? He kissed my girlfriend.

My best friend kissed my girlfriend.

''Why?!'' I asked him, the tears appearing in my eyes again.

He shook his head.

''I-I don't know...Josh, I think I'm in love with her.''

I remained silent.

How was I supposed to react to that.

His eyes filled with tears, as one of my own ran down my cheek.

''How is she?'' he asked.

''I dunno. They won't tell me.'' I sniffed.

I looked up from my feet as I heart rushed footsteps, and met the eyes of a worried looking Aiden.

I gulped.

Slowly, I made my way over to him. He was looking at me with soft eyes, as a few more tears fell and I couldn't meet his eyes. We lied to him, and now look what happened.

''I'm so, so sorry.'' I said seriously.

He didn't answer, and as I slowly looked up, I was engulfed in a hug, as I finally let go and cried again.

''It's not your fault.'' he told me.

Aiden was crying too by the sounds of it but I couldn't help letting him hug me as I cried. I was so scared, I just couldn't catch a break, I couldn't take much more stress, surely it wasn't healthy.