Chapter Forty Seven - When The Truth Comes Out

Josh's P.O.V

Rosie's soft, steady breathing blew across my chest with each lung full of air she took in. The winter air was cold from outside our embrace, but under the covers we were so tangled up in each other that we were more than warm enough. I felt so calm and at peace, it almost didn't seem real.

Could it be real?

Ever since yesterday, I had had this feeling in my stomach. Not the good kind. The kind that comes before something bad happens.

Something really bad.

Each time that I tried to push it away, it always managed to find a way back in. Poking me in the back of my mind, or turning my stomach away from eating anything.

Something was going to happen.

I can't explain it. I could just feel it. I knew.

And I had a funny feeling Rosie did too.

Ever since Zack and Naomi officially got together yesterday, neither of us have felt quite right. Rosie's been acting a little off. Not in a bad way particularly towards me, its just a little weird.....I can tell she feels what I feel.

I pulled her tighter into my arms, my stomach twisting.

No.

Nothing bad was going to happen, everything was fine, it was perfect. Maybe I was denying what was right in front of me but..I couldn't help it.

I wasn't going to allow myself to think of the 'what if's or anything else bad. Today was about me and Rosie, we had already decided we were spending the day in bed.

Yeah.. Rosie still wasn't feeling great after she got out of hospital, so we decided not to do anything. At all. We were to spend the day being cute and cuddling.