Chapter Twenty Six - Birthday Shopping

Josh's P.O.V

What the fuck am I supposed to do about 'Mrs Branning'?

I can't believe she works here.

Why?

WHY?

Her being there was just yet another reminder of what life was like without Rosie, and I didn't like that.

Plus, it was damn fucking awkward.

How am I supposed to learn from a woman I have not only seen naked, but done a whole hell of a lot more with.

Fine, Mrs Branning is hot, and all the guys know it...but they don't know exactly what we got up to that one time...

Anyway she may be hot, but she's my teacher, and I have a girlfriend so I don't care anyway, but this whole thing has just gotten really messed up and awkward.

I can't understand why Rosie is being so calm about this.

I mean she just laughed at me and called me an idiot.

But she did have a fair point...

I was so busy worrying about what Rosie was going to think, that I forgot to worry about how I had fucked my Home Ec teacher.

When I asked her why she was so chill about it, she said that if she were to start holding grudges over every girl I banged, she would have to hate the entire female population of this town.

That hurt a bit, but lets face it...it's true.

I mean the woman's like what? Forty?

Okay, so I went through a bit of an older women phase...

Jeez what was wrong with me? The woman's married for fuck sakes!

Pushing back all thoughts of my pathetic past, of which I was once proud, I headed out the front door of my house to go to hockey practise.

I told the guys I would just meet them there, 'cause I wanted to be extra sure Rosie wasn't mad at me, and so drove her home just the two of us.

The guys don't mind as much as they used to.

With my hockey bag over my shoulder, I beeped the car unlocked and threw the bag into the back seat before climbing in the front and starting up the engine.

Rosie had said she was going shopping with her Mom this afternoon after she got home from school, so at least I didn't have to worry about her being all alone while I went to hockey practise.

I really hoped she didn't go out and get me something really expensive or something for my birthday.

I really did mean what I said – as long as she's there I'll be happy.

Smiling to myself as happy thoughts of Rosie filled my head, I reversed out of the driveway and drove the twenty minutes it took to get to our ice rink.

''What took you so long?'' Liam asked, slapping my back as I walked past him in the locker rooms to get changed.

''Nothing.'' I smirked.

He rolled his eyes, knowing exactly what had taken me so long.

''So have you fucked her yet?'' he asked suddenly.

I scowled at him.

''Are you seriously expecting an answer?'' I asked, disbelieving.

He looked a little taken a back.