Chapter Eight - Close Calls

Rosie's P.O.V

Okay, Josh's friends had BETTER not be there tonight. Jeez, I was ready to scream rape the whole night last week! What the hell was their problems?!

Not once did Josh make an inappropriate sexual comment, so for that I was grateful, but his friends? My god, I think I am officially scarred for life.

Josh knows better than to say things like that to me now, I mean I did kinda freak out that time in maths class when he felt my leg. I get it that he was joking, but it really scared me – so did all the comments and remarks last night.

I'm thinking of speaking to Claire, and asking her not to make me work when Josh's friends are there, it's not like they do anything, but it makes me uncomfortable.

God, I really need to grow up.

Anyway, so I got a phone call ten minutes ago, Claire asking me to come over since she got called into work again. I didn't mind coming in last minute, never do. It's not like I have a life to be getting on with.

Mom was still at work, so I kissed Daddy on the cheek and skipped out the door, closing it shut behind me and shoving my keys and phone into my back pocket of my jeans.

I jogged down the road in a haste to be their on time, knocking gently on the white front door and waiting patiently for it to be answered.

Claire opened it, smiling widely and welcoming me inside.

''Hey Rosie, thanks again for coming over it's a big help. Things have been pretty hectic lately with work. At least it's only on the weekends so far though.'' she laughed.

I nodded in agreement. She was right. I hadn't been needed during the week yet, so I didn't even have to worry about juggling homework or anything. I won't mind when she does need me during the week though, it's not big deal.

''Yeah no problem.'' I smiled.

Claire nodded, leading me into the kitchen where Sasha was sitting in her high chair, eating her dinner.

''Josh is home tonight by the way, I think he's having friends over for band practise or something. That's okay right? If they get too loud just ask them to stop.'' Claire told me.

''Band practise?'' I asked curiously. Josh was in a band?

''Yeah, didn't you know?''

''Nope.'' I told her, my eyebrows raised in shock. I wonder if they're any good.

''Oh, well,'' she laughed. ''Don't hesitate to tell him to shut up if they get annoying, it wouldn't be the first time I've had to do that. They're down in the basement, and the power switches are behind that door,'' she pointed to an electric box behind the kitchen door, ''So if they refuse to stop, just shut their power off.'' she laughed.