Chapter Twelve - Dress Shopping

I sighed as I headed out of the school building. Thursday had come around faster than I would have liked, so now here I was about to meet my Mom and go dress shopping.

Fun.

Today had been pretty uneventful, as per usual in my pathetic excuse for a life.

I. Want. To. Go. Home.

As in HOME where all my family is.

This place gets worse everyday. As much as I'm enjoying babysitting, it's getting too hard to see Josh all the time being such an amazing big brother and then just having to sit there like I'm not in love with him.

It was becoming unbearable.

Plastering on a fake smile as I approached my Mom's car, I climbed in and shut the door behind me, throwing my backpack into the back seat of the car and pulling my seatbelt around myself.

''Hi Sweety!'' Mom greeted me, grinning.

''Hey Mom.'' I smiled back.

''How was school?'' she asked while pulling the car out of the school parking lot and onto the main road, headed in the direction of the mall.

''It was okay, pretty boring.'' I told her nonchalantly.

''Okay, well where do you want to start today?'' Mom asked.

I mentally groaned.

''Wherever Mom, I don't mind – you lead the way.'' I answered.

Her eyes lit up like a child's in a candy store and she grinned even wider.

In case you hadn't guessed, Mom liked shopping...

A lot!

I watched as the houses began to disappear, becoming more and more sparse as shops began to take over the lots and the town loomed into view.

I hadn't been into town yet believe it or not, only passed by it on my way here as we were moving, but I was too busy sulking to properly look out the windows.

An enormous mall appeared in front of us, cars parked lazily all around it as people frantically ran to and fro between doors with multiple shopping bags and boxes balanced somehow in their hands.

This is one of the reasons why I hated shopping, it was too hectic.

Mom found an empty parking space and shut off the engine, grabbing her handbag from the back and getting out of the car.

I trailed behind her slowly, peering up at the mall as it towered over the town in all it's glory.

I could tell why this town supposedly had the best mall for shopping in all the states.

Mom realised I wasn't behind her, so she stopped momentarily to let me catch up, before hooking her arm around mine and pulling me along faster.

She could be such a teenager at times sometimes you would think we had swapped roles with each other.

Daddy thought it was cute but for me it could be annoying sometimes. Fair enough, most girls would love to have a Mom like mine, (don't get me wrong, she's amazing and I love her) but that's 'cause they can talk to them about boys and shoes and shopping and clothes and make up and all that kind of thing, but I've never had an interest in that kind of thing, I just wear what I like, I don't like a lot of make up, you're never gonna get me in anything other than a pair of pink converse, I HATE shopping and I'm apparently afraid of boys.

So how was that going to work?

But never the less, Mom was there for me when I needed her, and that was all I could ask.