Chapter Thirty Two - A Chat With The Counsellor

I woke up peacefully, unable to keep the sleepy smile from my lips as I once again knew exactly where I was without even having to open my eyes.

My body was tangled with Josh's, and his scent filled my lungs beautifully with every breath I breathed.

I could feel him stroking my hair gently, and I could hear his calm breathing through the silence.

I loved waking up like this.

His warm lips pressed against the side of my face, making my smile get even bigger as I snuggled closer to his warm body, not even wanting to think about how cold it would be outside of this bed and his warm embrace.

''Morning.'' he said quietly.

''Mm.'' I mumbled in acknowledgement, unable to bring myself to actually speak. I felt too peaceful.

I felt his lips turn into a smile against my face, making me so happy I could burst.

Last night scared me.

A lot.

It showed me just how much information about Josh I was missing. I mean I know I said before that I could tell he wasn't the happiest, but there's clearly a lot more stuff in that poor boy's head that he's bottling up and not sorting out, and it clearly takes its toll on him at times.

Maybe he goes through phases where he's like this, and then he's fine, and then he's a mess again.

Because that's what he was last night.

A mess.

Liam, Craig and Zack didn't seem too shocked or bothered by Josh's behaviour last night. Fine, they made a fuss about waking him up and yelling at him, but it almost felt as though that kind of thing was a regular occurrence for them.

Was it a regular occurrence for them?

''What's with the face?'' Josh asked, brushing his fingers over my furrowed brow.

''What face?'' I asked, confused.

''The, 'I'm thinking about something very hard', face.'' he said, putting on a false serious voice.

I giggled, shaking my head and holding onto him a little tighter.

''No reason.''

He sighed, his warm breath blowing across my face, making me shiver slightly.

His hand stopped running through my hair, and he tucked his freezing cold hand back under the covers, placing it on my back and making me yelp and cringe away from it.

''JOSH! Your hand is so cold!'' I exclaimed, laughing.

He smirked.

''Sorry.'' he laughed, not touching me with the cold hand, but holding me a little tighter with the one that had been on my waist the whole time.

I yawned and curled my head into his neck, breathing in deeply.

Hopefully this morning his Mom wouldn't come in and yell at him and make us get up.

Hopefully there would be nothing to disturb us.

''How are you feeling?'' I asked, running my finer tips over his hard and toned chest.

''Fine.'' he said, his hands tightening a little more, making me not believe for a second that he was fine.

''Are you sure?''

''Why wouldn't I be fine?'' he asked, but his voice was tight and his smile was forced.

I sighed, frustratedly, as I pushed myself up and out of his arms, moving to straddle his stomach since he was so tall if I sat on his waist he would be too far away from me to talk to him properly.