Chapter Forty Six - Stacey's Mom

And here we were.

Rosie got out of hospital yesterday, and today everyone met up at my house to try and sort things out. There was nothing to sort out though, was there? Liam could go die for all I cared, he wasn't my friend any more, he was nothing to me.

As for Zack? I was here for him, whatever he needed.

Rosie was better, and there was nothing ever wrong with Craig in the first place.

So there for, everything was sorted.

The others didn't seem to agree though.

So we were all sat round the coffee table in my living room, an awkward silence looming over us. Zack's face was pale, with dark circles around his eyes. He hadn't been sleeping. He also had blotchy bloodshot eyes because as much as he wanted to deny it, he'd been crying.

Yeah, Naomi was ignoring him now, avoiding him. I think she was just a bit freaked out, worried he would leave her now that he new, so she was taking herself away from him, breaking her own heart because it was better than having it broken for her.

She was a teenage Mom now, she had so many responsibilities and her priorities had to be Stacy, her daughter.

Zack's daughter.

Shit that was going to take some getting used to.

Zack hadn't even met his own baby yet, Naomi wouldn't allow it, and he didn't know where she lived to just show up on her doorstep.

She wasn't answering his calls, and neither were any of her family.

What more could he do?

Craig was awkwardly stuck in the middle of everyone, trying to keep everyone happy, and I kinda felt bad for him, but what was I supposed to do about it? Craig wasn't going to stop being friends with Liam just for me, so I was stuck with him.

While Zack tried to figure out what to do, Liam sat there in bits over a 'broken heart', Craig sat there awkwardly and Rosie sat there nervously, I just glared into space, not really knowing how to make anyone's situation any better.

I knew what would help me though.

Punching Liam.

Oh, I liked the sound of that.

I felt my hand ball into a fist against my knee, and was so close to standing up before Rosie had to go and talk.

Damn.

''Okay we need to sort this.''

Everyone grumbled in agreement, before people finally stated speaking.

Craig took control.

''All right, obviously there's some shit with Rosie and Liam that needs sorted before Josh explodes...cause I mean just look at him...he's fucking mad.'' he chuckled.

I glared at him.

He sobered up pretty quickly.

''But anyway, obviously we need to help Zack first. Man, if there's anything we can do, just let us know and we'll help you.''

Zack nodded slowly, not meeting anyone's eyes. Craig patted his back.

''She'll come around, she has to.'' he told her.

Zack wiped a tear from his eye, not responding.

Rosie stood up and walked over to him, gently wrapping her arms around him as he hugged her back and cried.

I hadn't seen Zack cry since we were kids.

I guess this is how he must have felt about me when I broke down over Sasha.