Chapter Twenty Five - The New Home Ec Teacher

Josh's P.O.V

Oh God I was tired.

And slightly drunk...

Okay scratch that, I was hammered.

Fumbling clumsily with my front door keys, I ended up dropping them on the ground before I actually managed to get them through the hole, causing me to burst out laughing at nothing in particular.

See? Normally I am a pretty fun drunk, just not when I'm depressed.

''Fuck.'' I mumbled, bending down to pick them up, but finding myself wobbling slightly on my feet and not being able to find them.

Whoops...

Looks like I drank a little too much.

A very confused looking Rosie opened my front door, and it took me a second or two to realise what she was even doing there.

Her eyes were half closed and she looked like she really wanted to go to sleep, but them I remembered that she was there to babysit Sasha.

Suppose that means Mom isn't home yet.

I grinned at her, for the first time in ages not feeling the strain of my lip ring since I took it out.

She looked at me funnily for a second, before her eyes found my keys on the floor and she bent down to pick them up for me.

I took them from her small hand and shoved them back into my back pocket, stumbling a little into the house and walking past her into the hall.

She closed the door behind her with a small smile, before walking after me into the kitchen.

''Are you drunk?'' she laughed, as I walked into the door frame and tripped into the kitchen.

I smirked at her, holding up my finger and thumb about an inch apart.

''Little bit.'' I told her.

She rolled her eyes, flicking the kettle on.

''You should drink some coffee before you're Mom gets back.'' she stated as she poured it into a mug for me, sliding it over the counter in my direction.

I grumbled, not really liking coffee but I supposed she was right.

Mom would be pissed.

Ha. Like I actually give a fuck?

No chance.

But whatever.

I drank the coffee pretty quickly and after the last drop was gone, I could feel my buzz starting to decrease and I knew I was sobering up a bit, but only a little.

''What you do today?'' I asked her, still a little tipsy.

She smiled, shaking her head before telling me.

''Me and Sasha ordered pizza and watched the princess diaries.''

I rolled my eyes.

''The princess diaries?'' I scoffed.

''Hey, I love that film!'' she defended.

''You would.'' I mumbled playfully. She knew I was only joking.

''Oh yeah? Well what would you have had us watch then?''

I grinned at her and rolled my eyes, standing up and wrapping my arms around her to pull her closer.

She sighed and hugged me back lightly, snuggling her face into my chest sleepily.

''You tired?'' I asked her.