Chapter Nine - Josh's Smile

Rosie's P.O.V

Oh God, School is going to be so awkward now. I'm dreading it so much, I actually threw up from nerves.

I guess it could have been worse though...I mean, what if I actually kissed him?

I quickly silenced that voice in my head, shocked.

I would not, have done that.

Mom was ready to not let me go to school, she thought I was sick since I was throwing up, but I knew that if I didn't go in and get this over with, then I would just be sitting around the house all day, even more worried about seeing Josh and this whole thing would be prolonged.

So I put on a brave face, and headed to school.

I was running a bit late, since it literally took a bomb to get me out of bed this morning, so I didn't see Josh driving past, like I usually would.

Thank God.

So there I was, slowly but surely approaching the school gates.

Okay Rosie, deep breaths.

Breath in...breath out..breath in...breath-

''Omph!''

And I landed on my backside.

I glared up at whoever I walked into, just to realise they were glaring down at me too.

Oh...my...god!

COME ON! THIS JUST ISN'T FUNNY ANYMORE!

Josh's scowl turned into a smirk and he leant over slightly, reaching down so that I could reach his outstretched hand.

Shyly, my hand met his.

I gasped quietly.

It was almost as if an electric shock had gone off inside my body. Not just the kind you get from static when you touch someone, but actual electric sparks.

Josh seemed oblivious, of course, as he wrapped his other hand around my waist and pulled me to my feet.

Oh dear lord.

Why does it feel so right when he does that?! He really needs to stop touching me, this is getting out of hand.

I am Rosie Harper, nerdy Daddy's girl, WHO DOES NOT LIKE BOYS YET.

Oh god...Oh god...Oh god...Oh god!

Josh's hand was still around my waist, and somehow the upper halves of our bodies ended up pressed tightly together.

But neither of us moved.

I for one didn't want to, and Josh looked a little confused, but none the less smiled down at me.

A real, genuine smile...

My heart beat increased in speed even more than it already had at the sight of just a simple smile.

But it wasn't just any smile.

It was Josh's smile.

I just stood there, a beautiful mess, eyes wide in awe with my hands pressed lightly against his amazingly good feeling chest...

Oh my god...

I think I love Josh...

Josh's P.O.V

Why don't I want to let her go? Why cant I just pull my arm back and let her go? Why the hell am I standing here in front of half the school with a dork in my arms and no intention of letting her go?!