Chapter Twenty Three - Whoops

I sighed.

Did I seriously have to stay off school for ANOTHER DAY?!

I was so bored at home!

Mom was off work today and Daddy had already booked today off to look after me, so both of them were home for most of the day, although Daddy had to run some errands and wouldn't be home for a little while.

Daddy was still being a bit off with me after yesterday, I don't blame him though...

I guess all that did come as quite a shock, and I can tell he still isn't happy about the idea of Josh in general and wouldn't even have let it drop yesterday if it weren't for Mom.

I wonder what she had to say to him to get him to agree.

I feel really bad knowing that Daddy isn't happy with me dating at all, never mind someone he doesn't like or approve.

But at the end of the day he can't tell me who I can and can't love.

And I love Josh.

Not that I plan on telling him that any time soon.

Claire had asked me to come around and babysit this Friday, so I was looking forward to that, but it was going to be a bit difficult with Josh there.

It was only Wednesday though, maybe between now and then the boys will come up with something for them to do and get him out of the house.

I didn't like not being able to talk to Josh much lately since he's at school, I couldn't wait to get back to school and see him more often!

The school had phoned Mom back after her complaint and that girl who beat me up got suspended for a month.

Hopefully with her gone, in time everyone else will forget about me soon enough again and when she comes back she wont be able to do anything.

Hopefully.

What was I going to do today then?

I was sitting on my bed in my pyjamas, my hair a mess and my eyes drooping closed.

It was really late before I got to sleep last night for some reason, I just couldn't bring myself to fall asleep.

Mom came in, dressed and ready for the day with a big warm smile on her face.

''Morning.'' she said.

''Morning.'' I mumbled tiredly.

She laughed.

''Sleepy?''

I nodded.

''I wanted to talk to you about yesterday.'' Mom told me.

I cringed.

''What about it?''

''Well, your Dad still isn't happy about it, but personally I think he's being immature and judgemental...'' She started, ''Anyway, he'll keep his mouth shut as long as you're happy, just try not to bring it up too much or have Josh over when your Dad's home, and try not to tell him if Josh is going to be there when you're over at Claire's babysitting.''

I nodded my head.

''Kay, thanks Mom.''

She smiled.

''Don't worry about it sweety, your Grandpa never liked the idea of me and your Father either.''

I smiled sadly.

I don't like to talk of Grandpa often, it makes me too sad to think of him being gone now. When he passed away it was a really hard time for all of us.