Chapter Twenty - Bloody Monday

The sun shone brightly through the clouds, making today a lot brighter and warmer than it had been in ages.

My huge aviator sunglasses shaded my eyes as I pulled the car up outside Rosie's house.

I couldn't wait for today.

The hood was down on the car and the windows were rolled down, music playing pretty loudly from the stereo.

My head bobbed up and down slightly, in time with the music as I waited patiently for my girlfriend.

...My girlfriend.

I'm not quite used to that yet.

I was gonna have to get used to it pretty soon though...as in sometime during the ten minute drive to school kind of soon.

I heard the bang of her front door, and turned my head quickly to watch her skip down the steps and out of her front garden.

Her hair shone a bright red colour in the sunlight, making it obvious for once that she dyed it. It was braided in two, with her fringe framing her beautiful face. Normally it just looked red tinted, but under the bright lights it looked pretty awesome.

She wore her normal pink converse, with a pair of denim short shorts and a light pink t-shirt with a bunny on.

How did this girl manage to dress like an eight year old, look so cute and so innocent it was unreal, but still be unbearably sexy at the same time?

Smiling shyly, she made her way over to my car, and unlike the guys who would normally jump in without bothering with the door, she gently pulled on the handle, opening the door and carefully sitting down.

I grinned at her, not hiding my happiness to see her in the slightest.

''Hey.'' I said.

''Hi.'' she laughed.

''What?'' I asked. What was so funny?

''You know, for an emo, you grin a lot.''

I scowled.

''I'm not an emo.'' I stated bluntly.

She looked a bit shocked, like she couldn't understand why I would say that, like she thought I was joking.

But when she saw my serious face, her smile fell, and an awkward silence overcame us.

She coughed and looked away awkwardly, running a hand over her hair.

Sighing, I turned back to face the front of the car, and started up the engine.

Okay, so maybe I am an emo...but I'm just a stubborn one.

Pulling away from the curb, I headed towards Craig's house.

Yep, I am now driving Rosie, Craig, Liam and Zack, AND myself.

How? Me and Rosie in the front (Craig won't like that one) and the other three can squeeze in the back.

My opinion? If they don't like it, they can drive their own cars.

''Yeo.'' Craig said.

His smile fell though when he saw his usual seat was occupied.

''Bitch took my seat.'' he mumbled to himself, under his breath and disbelievingly.

Shaking his head, he walked around and jumped into the back seat of the car, wiggling around uncomfortably for a few seconds before sighing and giving up.

Huffing out a breath, he crossed his arms over his chest and glared out the side of the car like a five year old child.

He was only joking though, and he unknowingly lightened the mood after Rosie and my's little tiff back at her house.