Chapter 27

November

Chapter 27

“She’s dropped very low,” Dr. McArthur said as she felt my stomach.  “Her head is right down here.”  She moved her hand to the bottom of my stomach.

“So what does that mean?” I asked. 

“I wouldn’t be surprised if you go into labor in the next week, maybe even sooner,” she said.  “You can sit up now.”

I did and pulled my shirt down.  “Hopefully she doesn’t want to come out too soon,” I said.  “My parents are leaving to go see my grandmother today.  They’ll be gone for two days.”

“You probably won’t go into labor that soon,” she said, sitting down on the stool.  “Have you gotten everything ready?”

“Yeah,” I said, looking over at Will.  “We’ve got all the bags packed and the car seat is in the car.  We’re ready.”

“That’s good,” she said, smiling.  “Well, I guess I’ll be seeing you next week, if not sooner.”

“See you then.”

“Not that much longer,” Will said as we walked out of the building. 

“I think she wants to get out,” I said, rubbing my stomach. 

“Hopefully she doesn’t want to get out too soon,” he said, laughing.  “You mom doesn’t want to miss it.”

“I don’t think she’ll want to come out in the next two days,” I said, wrapping my coat more tightly around me.  “She’s all cozy and warm in there.”

“And it’s nice and cold out here,” Will said, pulling me close to him as he walked to my side of the Range Rover.  He opened my door and helped me in.

As he opened his door and got in, he laughed at me as I tried to get the seatbelt around my belly.

“It’s hard to get it all the way around my stomach.  She’s just getting too big,” I said.

“Here, let me help you,” he said, taking the buckle from me and clicked it into place.  “There, you two are all strapped in.”

I looked in the backseat were we already had the car seat in.  “Pretty soon we’ll have three people in here when we go places,” I said.

“I’m assuming you don’t mean Remy,” he said, laughing.

“Of course, I don’t,” I said. 

“So where are we going now?” he asked.  “To your parents’?”

“Yep,” I said.  “I want to say goodbye before they leave and to tell Grandma Lena she’ll have a great-grandbaby in a little while.”

“We’re going out for Troy’s birthday tomorrow night, right?” he asked.

“Yeah, I think so,” I said.  “I don’t know where yet.”

“Isn’t he going to be there with Remy?  Maybe we can ask him and see what he wants to do,” he said.

We got to the house thirty minutes later.  Patrick, Dad’s driver he hires once in a while for his clients, was standing behind a black town car, putting Mom and Dad’s luggage in the trunk.

“Hey, Patrick!” I said as I got out of the Range Rover.  Will came around it and closed my door.

Patrick looked over the hood and his eyes widened.  “Miss Reagan, I heard you were expecting, but I didn’t think you were that far along,” he said, smiling as he gave me a hug.