Chapter 10

Chapter 10

“So Reagan was right about you,” Remy said.

“I guess so,” Rebecca said.  She was still looking around, even after we told her about everything.  “This is just too weird.  How can this even be real?”

“That’s what we’re wondering, too,” Cora said.  “We don’t know how you can do this.  You don’t have a twin and it doesn’t run in your family.  We only have one possible answer that can explain this.”

“And what’s that?” Rebecca asked.

“Your past lives,” Tyler said, finally.  That was the first time he had spoken since Rebecca came.  He would look at each of us as we talked, but somehow his eyes always slipped back to Rebecca. 

“I have… past lives?” she asked, raising an eyebrow.

“We all do,” Tyler said, looking away again.

Carlee, Remy and I laughed.  Cora smiled and Charles just shook his head.  They already knew about the Tyler and Rebecca thing.  No one told them, but they found out somehow.

“What?” Rebecca asked, confused.

“Nothing,” we said, but we were all still smiling.

“So, what do we do now?” Remy asked.

“The same thing you did yesterday,” Charles said.  “Only you need to find Rebecca’s past life.”

“Back to ancient Greece?” she asked, excitedly.

“Ancient Greece?” Rebecca asked.  “And how are we supposed to get there?”

“The same way you got here,” I said.  “It’s not that hard once you get used to it.”

“Okay, then,” she said.

There we were again, back in ancient Greece.  Only this time we were looking for Rebecca’s past life, not ours. 

“Do we even know what her name is and where to find her?” Remy asked.

“Her name is Alexis and she should be around here somewhere,” Tyler said.

“And how do you know that?” I asked.

“Um, that’s what Simonides said,” he said.

“Of course he would know that,” Remy said, laughing again.  “How stupid of us to forget.”

“How would he know that exactly?” Rebecca asked.

“Because he…”  Remy started to say, but Tyler cut her off.

“I think that’s her over there,” he said.

There was a girl with long dark hair standing in the doorway of one of the houses opposite to where we were standing.  She looked almost exactly like Rebecca, except for the clothes and different time period of course.  When she spotted us across from her, she started walking toward us.

“I was wondering when you would come to see me,” Alexis said.

“So you knew about all of this?” I asked.  “You knew she would be able to do this also?”

“Yes, I knew, because I could do it also,” she said.

“Okay you’re going to have to explain this,” I said. 

“Every time we live, we have this ability.  I was able to do it, and she is able to do it now,” Alexis said.

“If you were able to do this in your time, did you see what was going to happen to Mikhael?” I asked.