Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Monday morning, I woke up bright and early, feeling refreshed and ready to go.  I guess that was because I spent the entire day before with Leo. 

I got up out of bed, took a shower, and got ready.  I put on a dress that we’d gotten in Italy – a red sundress that went to my knees – and white ballet flats.  I didn’t do anything with my hair, but put on a little bit of makeup and, of course, my ring.

When I walked out into the kitchen, Mom turned to me and smiled.  “I knew that dress would look great on you,” she said.  “Any reason you feel the need to dress up today?”

“No,” I said, smiling.

I still hadn’t told my mom about what happened between me and Leo the other night.  I didn’t even tell her I’d went up to Leo’s apartment until I got home, which was ten o’clock at night.

“Is there something going on between you and Leo?  I know you guys had a fight or whatever you were angry at him about,” she said.

“We’re fine now,” I said, smiling still.

“By the look on your face, you seem more than like you two are more than fine,” she said. 

“Maybe we are,” I said. 

She rolled her eyes and smiled.  “Do you need a ride to school?” she asked.

“No, Leo’s taking me,” I said.

“I have a feeling that he’s going to be around here a lot now,” she said.  “Am I right?”

“Indeed you are,” I said.

There was a knock on the front door.  I stood up and rushed toward it.  When I opened it, Leo was standing there.  He had on all black again including his leather jacket, the way that I liked.  He smiled and took my hand in his, threading his fingers through mine.

“So I’m guessing that’s Leo?” Mom said from behind me.

“Yes, Mom,” I said.  I looked up at Leo.  “I’ll just be a second.  I have to go get my bag.”  I turned and ran back into my room.  And when I came back, Mom was talking to him.

“Have a good day,” she said as I ran passed her and pushed Leo out the door.

“Bye!” I said, and closed the door.

Leo laughed as I pushed the elevator button and the doors opened.  “What’s the rush?” he asked.  I pressed the button for the bottom floor.

“I just wanted to get out of there before she embarrassed me,” I said, smiling up at him as the doors closed.  “And I’d say mission accomplished.”

“I’m guessing that’s good,” he said, and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me toward him.

“Yes, and it’s going to get better,” I said, standing up on my toes to kiss him.

There it was again, that feeling of electricity running through me.  It felt like Leo and I were somehow supposed to be together like this, like we were meant for each other.  He pulled back, only to cradle my face in his hands.  His eyes went to my scar and he leaned down to kiss it.

“Did you sleep well?” he asked, his arms still around me as the elevator doors opened.

“Yes, I did,” I said.  He walked out in front of me and I laughed.  “I see you’ve found your bad boy style again.”

“You said you liked this best,” he said, shrugging.  He scanned my body – making me shiver – to look at my dress.  “And you’re not wearing all black like you said you usually do.”