Chapter 15

Chapter 15

When I woke up, light was streaming through my window.  I lay in my bed, watching the dust particles float by in the sunlight, until Remy came in.  She was still in her pajamas.

“Hey,” she said, coming to sitting on my bed beside me.  I sat up.  “Are you okay now?  I mean, you didn’t seem so good before.”

“Yeah, I went back and talked to Alina some more, but that happened after I saw the crash again.  I don’t know how I’m going to handle the real thing if I’m always freaking out when I dream it.”

“It’ll be okay,” she said.  “We’ll figure everything out.  Was Alina able to tell you anymore?”

“Yeah,” I said.  “All of this is happening because of me.”

“No, it isn’t.  How could that be?” she asked.

“It is.  The reason that this is happening is because the person wants me.  It was the same with Sophia and Alina.  Alina said that the last note that she got said to meet Marco, only she didn’t know that it was him.  He wanted her to leave Luca.  I asked why she just didn’t pretend so she could save him, but she couldn’t because of Gemma.”

“Who’s Gemma?” Remy asked.

“Her and Luca’s baby,” I said, smiling.

Remy’s jaw dropped.  “Oh, my God.  She had a baby?”

“Yep, three months before Luca was killed.  She was so cute, too.  I think it hurt Alina to look at her though.  I think she might have looked like Luca because she had dark hair.  She was a gorgeous little baby.”

Remy still wasn’t able to pull herself together.

“And get this.  Apparently, Sophia was pregnant when Mikhael was killed,” I said.

She was still looking at me.  “That’s not going to happen to you is it?” she asked.  She looked down at my stomach.

“Oh, no.  Besides, Alina already told me that it wasn’t going to happen to me, even though it happened in all of my past lives.  She said I was different for some reason.”

“Good,” Remy said, seeming relieved just like Rebecca and Cora were.  “So the reason this is happening is because this person’s jealous that Will has you and he doesn’t?”

“I guess so.  It’s so weird to think that I’m the reason though.  I mean, who would want to be with me that much to want to kill someone for me?”

“Um, a lot of guys would,” Remy said. 

“Ha!  Yeah, right,” I said, laughing.  “That’s ridiculous.”

“Do you remember what Rebecca said last year before spring break?  About all of the guys falling all over you?” she asked.  I had told her all about the things I did when I had been stuck in my dreams after had had the headaches that almost cost me my life.  She’s found all of the things I’d done amusing.

“Yes, I do.  I was the one who told you about that, so of course I would remember.  I don’t really think that’s true though,” I said.

“Yeah, it is,” Remy said.

“Well, thanks for making me feel better,” I said, sarcastically.  “Now it will be really easy to figure out who this person is.”

“We’ll figure it out,” she said again.  “Now hurry up and lets go eat.”

“Fine,” I said.  “You know Will’s coming over, right?”

“And when does he never come over?” she asked, walking out of my room.