Chapter 14

Chapter 14

“So we’re doing the same we did last time?” Remy asked.

“Yes,” Charles said.

“But each different time this happened, some other piece of information is put into place,” Cora said.

“Like when we were in Ancient Greece and we found out, Akakios was a good friend of Mikhael?” I asked.  “So the person who’s going to do this is friends with Will?”

“That’s what Sophia said,” Remy said.

“The only thing I really want to know is why all of this is happening,” I said.  “I mean, why does all of this have to always happen to us?  Haven’t we been through enough horrible things this year?”

“It’ll be okay,” Cora said, putting a hand on my arm.  “You guys will be able to figure this whole thing out before it happens.”

“But what if we don’t?” I asked.  No one answered.  My question just hung in the air. 

If I couldn’t stop this from happening now, who knew how many times it might happen in the future.  Sophia hoped that we would be able to stop it this time since we had a way of knowing before it was supposed to happen.  I wanted to prove her right.

“Where to now?” I asked suddenly, standing up.  “If we’re going to stop this, we might as well learn all we can from the past.”

“I think that’s a great idea,” Cora said, smiling up at me.  “We don’t know where it happened next so you’re just going to have to close your eyes and let it take you there.”

“Are we ready?” I asked.  Remy, Rebecca, Carlee and Tyler all stood up in response.  I closed my eyes and before I knew it, we were somewhere else. 

We were standing in the middle of a street crowded with produce carts and people.  The buildings were very close together and made of stone. 

“Where do you think we are?” Tyler asked.

“Rome, 1497,” someone said from behind us.

“During the Italian Renaissance,” another person said. 

We all turned.  The first person I saw was a striking blond woman.  I instantly knew she was me.  I don’t know why, but I just got a feeling she was.  Next to her was another woman who looked almost exactly like her, only a little younger.  They both had the same green eyes, the exact color of mine and Remy’s.

Next to them was another couple.  The man had auburn hair that looked redder in a certain light.  A dark headed woman was beside him, holding his hand.  She was gorgeous and her dark brown eyes were expressive.  Another woman was standing by her.  She was shorter and also had dark hair, but her eyes were a dark blue, the same color as the man’s.

They were all dressed like someone who was in one of those Renaissance fairs, only minus the gigantic turkey leg people usually carried around like an accessory.  The dresses that they wore looked like they were a part of higher class, not like the other people were dressed around us.  The man’s shirt was loose fitting but not stained like others were.  It was pure white.  The women’s dresses were made out of expensive looking fabrics.

“I’m Alina,” the woman, who I had known was me, said.  “And these are Emilia, my sister, Doriano, his wife Clara, and his sister Norina.  I am thinking that you already know why you are here.”

“Yep,” Remy said.  “So we were sisters in this time?”

“Yes, you were,” Emilia said, smiling.