Chapter 4

Chapter 4

“Finally,” Wes said, grabbing a few bags of groceries out of the back of the Escalade.  “What took you guys so long?”

“We weren’t even gone an hour and a half,” I said. 

“Well, it seemed like you were gone forever,” he said, as we walked through the door. 

“If you guys help put up the groceries, we’ll be able to make dinner faster,” I said.

When I said that, Wes dropped the bags on the kitchen counter and ran out to get more.  A few seconds later, I heard the back door shut, and then Wes coming in with the rest of the bags in his hands.

“How’s that for fast?” he asked.

“Now put them up,” Carlee said. 

“Am I the only one who’s supposed to?” he asked.

“Nope,” she said.  “I’ll help.”  She grabbed a bag, took out a two-liter bottle of soda and passed it to him. 

Five minutes later, all of the groceries were put up and the pots and pans were on the stove.  I reached for the box of noodles on the counter, but Will got to them first.

“I can help, can’t I?” he asked.

“Sure,” I said.  I looked behind me but no one else was there.  “Where did everyone go?”

“I think they went upstairs or downstairs or somewhere,” he said.  “So, why was Remy so…dreamy looking when she came in?”

I laughed.  “She’s found a guy,” I said.

“We’ve been here for all of four hours and she already has?” he asked.

“Yep.  His name is Troy Jacobs.  His grandfather owns the ski resort and he’s a pro snowboarder.”

“And you got that all from one trip to the grocery store?”

“Actually, from the cashier at the grocery store,” I said.  “Plus, the magazine that his picture was on the cover of.”

“Huh,” Will said as he stirred the noodles in the boiling water.  “And she actually thinks she’ll see him again.  There are so many people at the resort right now.”

“She begged me to get a room there so she could scope the place out,” I said.  “I wouldn’t let her, of course.”

Will laughed.  “So she’s that determined to see him again?”

“Yep,” I said, leaning back against the counter.  “I think it’s ridiculous.”

“Just let her do it,” he said.

“Let her get a room at the resort?  I think not.”

“No, just let her chase him, even if she doesn’t know where he is,” he said, wrapping his arms around my waist.

“Fine.  But it’s not like she’s going to find him any time soon,” I said, leaning up to kiss him. 

After dinner, we didn’t do pretty much anything.  The guys were all downstairs and us girls were in Remy’s room, talking and watching her try and pick out something to wear for tomorrow.

“You won’t see him again,” I said.

“You never know,” Rebecca said.  “She might.”

“Yeah, but just think about how many people will be out tomorrow,” Carlee said.

“Can’t you guys just let me try,” Remy said from inside her closet.  She threw something out of her closet and two hats landed on the bed beside me.