Chapter 5

Chapter 5

“So we’re going to dinner with this guy we just met today?” Wes asked.

“We unofficially met him yesterday, thank you very much,” Remy said, narrowing her eyes at him. 

“If we were just going to go out to dinner anyway, why not go since he invited us?” I asked.

“Okay, then,” he said.  “What time are we meeting him?”

“Seven,” Remy said.  She looked at the clock above the stove.  “So that gives me four hours to get ready.”

“Do you really need that long to get dressed?” Wes asked.

Remy glared at him.  “Yes, I do.  And I’m going to start right now,” she said, and got up from her chair at the table and made her way upstairs.

“I wouldn’t want to embarrass her tonight,” I said, laughing.  “She’ll get back at you if you do.”

“I can’t embarrass her,” he said. 

“Sure,” I laughed, and everyone else joined in.

Three hours and forty-five minutes later, everyone was ready except for Remy.  We were all waiting for her in the living room, but when she didn’t come down, I stood up.

“I’ll go see what’s taking her so long,” I said.

I walked up the stairs and toward Remy’s room.  And when I opened the door, she was sitting on the bed. 

“What are you doing?” I asked.  “We’re all waiting for you downstairs.”

“I’m nervous,” she said, looking up at me.

I laughed.  “What are you nervous about?”

“Don’t laugh at me,” she said.  “I don’t know why.  I don’t even really know the guy.  Is it stupid that I’m nervous?”

“No,” I said, sitting down beside her.  “I actually think it’s kind of weird.”

“What are you talking about?” she asked, looking confused.

“You’re not the type to get nervous around people, especially around guys,” I said.  “I’ve never even heard you say you were nervous because of a guy.”

“Well, there’s a first time for everything,” she said, smiling.  “Come on, let’s get the show on the road.”

Ten minutes later, we were walking into the restaurant of the resort.  It was pretty packed, so we were worried that we wouldn’t be getting a table anytime soon.  But when the hostess saw our group, she walked toward us.

“Are you the group with Mr. Jacobs?” she asked.

We all looked at each other. 

“Yeah, I guess so,” I said.

She smiled.  “Follow me please,” she said, and walked into the main dining area.

Mr. Jacobs,” Wes snickered.  “The guy can’t be older than eighteen.”

“Shut up,” Remy sneered.

“Remy, come on,” he said. 

The hostess led us up into a private dining room then, where a large table was set up.  You could still see into the main area, and everyone there could see you, but the noise wasn’t as loud as it was in our room.  We all sat down and the hostess handed us our menus.