Chapter 21

Chapter 21

It was Friday and Will had already left out for work.  He was going to get off early again today and everyone was going to come over to the house to go swimming.  It was going to be really interesting to see what I looked like in a bikini with a pregnant stomach.

I didn’t want to stay over at my house, so I went over to hang out with Remy for a little while.  She was the only one home, so it would just be me and her.  Troy was still on vacation with his family, but he was coming back in two days.  There was also another reason I wanted to go over there.

I was going to try and get into my dad’s office to get into the program on his computer.  I already knew his password onto his computer – it was mine and Remy’s birthday – but I didn’t know if he had a password getting into the program.  Knowing him, I knew there probably was.  I didn’t think that the password would be the same for it as it was his computer.  That would be the hard part, figuring it out.

“Remy!” I yelled, walking through the front door.

“What?” she yelled back from the kitchen.

“I’m just announcing my arrival,” I said, walking into the kitchen.  She was sitting at the table eating a bowl of ice cream, and it looked really good.  “Do you have any more of that?”

“Just because you’re preggers doesn’t mean you get to steal all of my ice cream,” she complained as I got the ice cream out of the freezer and a bowl out of the cabinet. 

“Pregnant women get cravings.  And right now, I’m craving ice cream,” I said, scooping out the ice cream.  After I got some, I put the ice cream carton back in the freezer and sat down next to her at the table. 

“So,” she said.

“So what?” I asked.

“Why weren’t you there last night?” she asked.

“I didn’t want to have to go through everything again,” I said.  Truthfully, though, I didn’t want Cora guessing that I’d gone and saw Matt.  I knew what her reaction would have been.

“You found a lot out last the last time, though,” she said.  “At least there’s no use in going to see Matt anymore.”

“What if I did go see him, just not tell Cora that I was?” I asked.  “Hypothetically, of course.”

“I wouldn’t let you,” she said, scooping up another spoonful of ice cream.  “I’d drag you out of there in a heartbeat.”

“Okay, that’s nice to know,” I said, laughing.

She laughed, too.  “I’m serious.  I don’t want you going there.  I don’t want my niece being in a dangerous place like that.”

I felt the baby kick then, and I laughed, putting my hand on my stomach.  “I think she agrees with you,” I said.

“Is she still kicking up a storm?” Remy asked.

“Yep.”  I rubbed my stomach again.  “It seems like she’s getting more and more active.  Aren’t you, baby?” I asked her.

“Are you seriously talking to her?” Remy asked, laughing.

“Everyone talks to their babies when they’re still in their stomachs.  This little girl and I have conversations already,” I said.

“That’s so weird,” Remy laughed.

“Oh, just wait until you have a baby.  You’ll be talking to it,” I said.  The baby kicked again for emphasis.  “And she agrees with me.”