Chapter 20

Chapter 20

“Nikki you home!” Drake yells and I assume he and Mia are back from wherever they went. 

“Yeah, in the lounge room.” Cole is trying to help me mediate but it is not working.

“Mediation. Is it helping?” Drake ask watching in amusement.

“No the only thing it is doing is giving me a headache.” We keep at it for a while before Cole has to leave.

“I will see you tomorrow, remember what I told you today ok.” He leave and I knew if Drake wasn’t with us he would kiss me.

“So how is it going? Is he teaching you well?” Mia comes and sits next to Drake but stays out of the conversation.

“Yeah we went over some breathing excises and a few other things. He thinks if he can put me in a situation where I feel bloodlust then he can teach me to control, but at the moment I suck.’ I pout and they both laugh. When everyone comes home for the day we have dinner and for once it is like what a normal dinner table would be like. We all talk about our day and turns out that Alex and Tabitha are starting to like the taste of normal blood. Travis leaves first so he can go to our human donor in the house. But other than that is was a very normal dinner.

“Nikki the council said you did well today. I am proud of you.” He smiles at me which in return makes me smile back. We all love to make dad proud. Violeta is starting to become nice and we blame the fact that her being pregnant is making her a nicer person. She is really starting to show but we all have a feeling she is not going to keep the child. Violeta is not the motherly type of person.

“Well if you don’t mind, I am off to bed, don’t think I have been this tired in my life.” I say goodnight to everyone and go to sleep dreaming about Cole.

When we get to school the next day everyone is ignoring me like always and I am glad for it. When Abigale walks past she laughs about what I am wearing and I smile glad things are back in normal and how everyone forgot about what happened. The day went by without a fuss and in bloodlust my teacher made me explain to the class what it was like to have my bloodlust fighting for control. Turns out Cole and I were the only ones to experience this because most people were able to have some control. Cole was asked to explain how he learnt control and most of the things he was saying were the things he told me yesterday. When the class ended Cole and I were asked to stay back.

“I assume that both of you are helping each other out?” Our teacher asked once everyone was gone.

“Yes, my father asked Cole to help me.” He nods and lets us leave.

“So, how are you feeling today?” He ask as we walk to lunch.

“Good, I guess I really just feel more relaxed at how everything is back to normal. People still pretend I am not there but I don’t really mind.” We both take a seat and wait for Vixen. Like every lunch I take out any blood in my food to stop my eyes from going red.

“You have to eat you know.” He says looking down at the blood capsules. 

“I know but my eyes will go red, then everyone will know that I have matured.” I sigh and start to eat. A few people walked passed and giggled but when they saw Cole they were giving me death stares.

“Nikki you are never going to believe it. Hi Cole.” Vixen comes running up to us smiling like an idiot.

“What Vixen!”

“I teleported today.” I jump out of my seat and am hugging her.

“How? When? Where?” We both sit down really giddy and I notice Cole watching me very closely with a smile on his face.

“Today in class. I was just sitting there wishing how I could leave class to get ice-cream and next thing I know I am standing in front of an ice-cream shop.” Teleporting for witches is a huge thing and not many can do it.

“That is cool, you didn’t even have to use a spell or anything.” I all but yell.

“No all with my mind. Can you believe it!” I smile at her as she taps her head.

“You have to come over to my place to practice. My place is huge and we can see how long it take for me to find you.” She squeals and I guess that is a yes. I am all happy and excited then out of nowhere I start crying. Why I don’t really know.

“Oh this is bullshit.” I say between my sobs. My emotions are like someone who is pregnant.

“You used protection right Cole.” Vixen whispers as if she can read my mind. Cole is shocked but then he has a sleepy grin across his face.

“Of course. I think he father would kill me if I didn’t.” I laugh through my crying wishing it would just stop already.

“Was it like this for you?” I ask though a hiccup.

“Yeah one minute I would be fine, the next I would be balling my eyes out over nothing.” I laugh and wipe my eyes and I feel happy again.

“I am so happy for you Vixen.” Vixen is shaking her head like she cannot believe it.  

“That is messed up Nikki.” I smile because I know what she means.

****

So thought you should now we are halfway through Royal Claim's. Yeah the ending is coming *Evil laugh* So this was a filler chapter. enjoy