Chapter 10 part 1

Chapter 10 part 1

The next morning we are running late for school so by the time we arrive we are all running to homeroom. When I entre the room everyone laughs as I take my seat. Once the teacher comes in the class everyone goes silent.

"Miss Stark would you come to the front of the class I think you have something to say." I growl at my teacher as getting up in front and talking to them is the last thing I want to do but my father instead. Last night he told us to make the announcement and he said he told the school to allow us to talk. I got up out of my chair and stood in front of the class where I could hear snickers and I remember the lesson dad has been giving me about talking to a crowd. I straighten up my posture and clear my throat getting everyone’s undivided attention.

"My Father King Vladimir third of his name has invited all of you to the ball on the night of the half-moon this month. It will be held in our home and all are welcome to attend. This night is where my father will name and crown his next successor those that do not wish to come we will not think less of you, but the choice is up to you. So you may bring your family or come alone the choice is up to you." I finish and sit back down in my chair.

"I am sure if anyone has any question you can ask anyone of the Stark children who attend this school." Everyone is shocked and quiet at how formal and well I spoke. By the time 3rd period has ended no one is picking on me as they are too excited about the ball which my father has invited all supernatural’s. Also the new gossip is who will be the next successor. Everyone knows that Alex and Tabitha are too young and even saying Travis and I are too young but most people think it will be Travis. Some are saying that after the stunt he pulled that the ambassadors have told the king to reconsider his choice, so all vampires with parents on the council  are trying to suck up to Travis.

By the time the day is done there is no more talk of me and I fell my down mood lift, that I start to smile at people in my advanced classes when I see them walking in the hall. In the car park I wait for Travis when Vixen comes up to me.

"Hi Nikki." She entwined her hands together and I can tell she is nervous.

"Hey Vixen." I smile at her but she is too pre-occupied with the floor to notice.

"I wanted to say I am sorry for staying away from you. It was just what happened I was scared that you would hurt me but the more I watched you this week… I was waiting for you to snap at someone but you didn’t and I am sorry I didn’t do anything when I saw you on the floor and I am sorry I didn’t try and stop the rumours and I am sorry I laughed with everyone." She is finished but she is not looking at me.

"It is ok Vixen I understand, you must have been terrified I was scared myself. I would never hurt you I swear I was trying to fight it." She looks up and I can see tears just hovering over her eyes.

"I am sorry.’"She says and gives me a hug. At first I am a little tense but then I relax. While we wait for Travis we slip back to how we were before and when someone comes up to us they walk away very fast, when Vixen waves her hands around like she is going to cast a spell and we both laugh.

"I am glad you too kissed and made-up." Travis says coming from around the corner. We both smile at him as he drags Tabitha Alex and Cole behind him. I do a double check to make sure I am seeing things right.

"Umm Nikki can Cole sit in the front today." I give Travis a funny look and he laughs. "Cole and I are working on the bloodlust project together you can join us if you want." I look at Vixen and we laugh

"You doing a project, Travis this is a first." We are both laughing our heads off as Tabitha yells from the car to hurry up.

"Vixen why don’t you come over please." I ask and she agrees. She doesn’t tell her parents because of what happened last time. I don’t think they will allow her at my place ever again. We all get in the car Vixen and I chatting away in the back with Alex and Tabitha.