Chapter 1

>>>>>>>>Picture of Nikki on the side

Chapter 1

‘Nikki wake up, you are going to be late” I groan as my mother voice bellows into my bed room. I feel my bed dip and I know she is sitting next to me “Come on, wake up!’ she yells and I scream and sit up in bed.

‘Jesus Mother I was getting up.’ She gives me a look and I know she is not buying it. My mother is about 100 years old but doesn’t look a day over 40, she has pale skin like all vampires and has blonde hair and blue eyes. Our age cycle is weird we age like normal humans, until we are about 21 years old and then our age rate slows down. So you could be a century old and look no older than 60.

‘Nikki stop daydreaming you are going too late for school.’ I groan. School just the place I want to be. I pull back my cover and get out of bed.

‘Could you pack my lunch and get my breakfast for on the run?’ She gives me a stern look and sighs.

‘You know you are going to have to drink from the vein sooner or later.’ Mother says.

‘I know,’ and I walk into my bathroom. Just about all vampires drink from the vein when they come of age but I refuse to and drink from blood bags. I get myself ready for another day at school the weather is cold but I really don’t feel it too much. I wear black jeans, a green shirt, a nice fluffy jacket and my converse. I look in the mirror and look at my pale completion. I am not complaining considering all vampire are pale but my pale skin really makes my emerald eyes and jet black hair stand out.

‘Hurry up Nikki how long does it take for you to get dressed?’ ahh that would be my twin brother Travis we basically are identical despite the fact that he is a guy and I am a girl. ‘Nik hurry up Tabitha and Alex are getting very impatient’ I sigh and leave my room, picking my bag off the floor.

‘I’m done ok let’s go.’  We leave our house but Mum and Dad stop us on the way. Whenever my Father enters the room the guards around the place bow and say “your highness” one of the things I am not looking forward too.

‘Morning Father.’ All four of us tend to say at the same time sounding very monotone.

‘Morning, Nikki remember you have lesson this afternoon so don’t be late and Travis look out for your sister today ok.’ He smiles at all of us with his perfect white teeth. Travis and I inherited our hair from our father who has get black hair but our eyes we have no idea as my father has brown eyes.

‘Yeah, yeah, I know look out for them protect them from any danger blah blah blah…’ My father growls at him and mum shakes her head.

‘Nikki here’s your lunch and breakfast.’ She hands me a lunch box and a mug which I can smell is hot with blood that makes my mouth water.

‘Thanks.’ I smile and turn around to see my other brother and sister waiting by Travis’s car.

‘Have fun!’ my father says and I roll my eyes. When I get in the car I sit in the front while Tabitha and Alex sit in the back.

‘Gross how can you drink that stuff.’ Tabitha says she and my brother Alex have decided to drink a bunny diet as we all call it which is all animal blood. They both take after mum with the blonde hair and blue eyes which makes them look more fey than vampire.

‘Well you don’t have to drink it so shut up.’ I snap and take a big sip of A negative I can hear them both complaining when Travis gets in.

‘Will both of you shut up already, ok.’ Travis says and they both get quiet very quickly.