Chapter 36

Chapter 36

I could hear nothing. Everything was silent and black around me. Was I dead. That was a silly question of course I was dead. Than why was my heart beating? I heard an angelic voice calling my name over and over again. I felt something shaking my body. I hurt all over and couldn’t move. The voice kept repeating my name and the word sorry over and over again. Like a song. A beautiful sad song. There was a small light that I tried to grab but it disappeared. I started to follow the light when I heard the voice calling me again. I turned around and saw nothing. I was stuck. Do I follow the voice or the light? That was easy. I started to follow the light that seemed to be getting brighter. The air became warmer and I could feel myself at peace. When the voice stared whispering the words “I love you” over and over like a broken ballad. The voice was sweat and broken. I stopped walking towards the light and made my way to the broken voice.

“Nikki please wake up please. Oh God I am so sorry. Please come back to me please. I love you Nikki please come back.” I slowly opened my eyes to see Cole’s face hovering over me. It was streaked with tears and he was looking at me.

“Nikki?” I try to move but it is too much effort. “Nikki, oh my God.” He was kissing my face as I felt my eyes drop.

“Nikki please open your eyes. You need to eat. I managed to fight the compulsion right before…” That when I noticed his eyes were red, not the blue that I love. There wasn’t much blue left only a fleck in each eye. I also noticed his shirt was covered in blood.

“Here.” His fangs come out and he bites into his wrist and holds it’s out to me. I manage to shake my head. How I don’t know.

“Nikki please. You are dying, you need blood. I am here ok, you won’t lose control.” He puts his bleeding wrist near my mouth again but I don’t take.

“I-can’t Cole-I –I.” I couldn’t finish my sentence.

“Nikki please. You cannot die. I will not allow it. My father will be back soon. He told me to mourn then we were leaving. Please drink from me, I allow it the same way you did to me. Please I promise you, I will not let you lose control.” He has to bite his wrist again because the wound healed. When he puts it against my mouth drops of blood settle on my lip. I am too weak to bring out my fangs so I slowly lick the blood that is on my lips and his wrist.

“That’s it Nikki. Please drink more.” He sniffles and wipes the tears coming down his face. The moment the blood hits the back of my throat my fangs come through and I bite into his wrist. I have been told drinking from the vein is almost as good as getting high and I understand. To have a pulsing vein producing blood is the most amazing thing ever. I no longer care where I am and the honey like blood fills my mouth.

“That’s it Nikki.” Cole has me in his lap and his another hand in my hair. He sits me up and I grab onto his wrist with both of my hands. Cole groans but I really don’t care if I bit him too hard.

“Nikki slow down.” He says but I don’t. I just keep on drinking and drinking. All I could see and smell was the blood, the sweat tasting blood. I could feel the arm going limp and I just kept drinking.

“Nikki stop. That’s enough ok. Nikki listen to me control it.” A voice was nagging me as I was drinking.

“Nikki stop. If you keep going you are going to kill me Nikki control it. Fight the bloodlust Nikki.” The voice was settling in to me and so was my surroundings and who I was drinking from. I knew it was Cole but I still couldn’t pull away but I slowed the rate I was drinking.

“Nikki I love you to death, but please, you need to stop. Take control.” I try very hard to stop but I cannot. Oh my god I am going to kill Cole. No that was not going to happen Nikki. Deep breaths. In, out, in, out in. I manage to drop his hand and pull my teeth out. I close my eyes and lean back into Cole. The bloodlust is still there, but I was trying to take control.