Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Everything is dark but soon a specks of light appear. It is so small that it slips though my fingers. The light starts to get bigger and bigger until the darkness is gone and all there is left is light. I can hear noises around the light calling my name. I want to respond but the light is very consuming. The light explodes and I sit up gasping for air.

“Nikki.” I start clawing at my eyes when someone pins my hands down next to me. “Nikki it’s alright. Don’t be scared I got you.” My eyes start to adjust and I see Cole smiling at me. “Welcome back Nikki.”

I look around the room to see my whole family around with happy faces but I have never been more confused and tired in my life. I remember feeling hot then cold but not much more aside from pain.

“Why do I feel strange?” Cole sighs and he sits back on my bed.

“What is the last thing you remember Nikki?” My father ask. I scrunch my forehead to try and think but the last thing I remember was vomiting up my guts and Cole talking about something to do with bloodlust and dying.

“I am not dead, am I?” Everyone laughs but I don’t see what’s funny.

“No. You will feel a bit out of it for a while but you should be fine.” Cole is smiling but I am remembering something he told me so I don’t smile back.

“You said that my bloodlust was fighting for control. Does that mean it is gone?” I sound very hopeful but the look on everyone’s face says something else.

“No what we were talking about is that if your bloodlust won, you still would be Nikki but bloodlust would control you, not your head. You wouldn’t think and you would act on action but that was if your body didn’t kill itself in the process.” I shiver, one because I am cold and two the thought that I could die.

“Here.” Mum passed me a clean blanket that I wrap around myself. I bring my knees up to my chest and tuck in a small ball.

“Could it happen again?” I don’t think I could go through that again.

“Yes it could and it couldn’t. Most vampires will only get it once if not at all, some will get it more than once. It all depends on your bloodlust and how strong it is.” So in other words my father was saying that I had a strong bloodlust and it could happen again.

“What time is it?”

“3 in the morning.” I nod my head hoping that they understand I want to sleep and have a shower. I feel gross.

“I want to have a shower and go to sleep if that is fine with everyone.” Straight away everyone left my room but Cole, Mum and Dad. I knew Travis wanted to stay but I would see him tomorrow.

“Nikki, you need to stop scaring us.” Mum says and I smile.